Cornwall Council: Town and Parish Council and Community Group Fund
Get up to £2,000
Local councils and community groups can apply for a grant to match fund 50% of costs, up to £2,000, to develop their own carbon inventory, action plan or feasibility work. Projects will need to raise at least 10% match funding from at least 25 unique backers before Cornwall Council funds can be released.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
City, Town and Parish Councils and Constituted community groups with a demonstrable remit to reduce carbon emissions.
The fund is specifically for helping develop work to understand your own carbon footprint, including how you can reduce emissions and work towards carbon neutrality.Projects will be one of the following:
- Commissioning an emissions baseline study
- Developing an action plan to reduce emissions
- Feasibility work into carbon reduction projects
- Retrospective funding to fill funding gaps not identified before the project starts.
- Salary or routine administration costs.
- Political activities, lobbying or campaigning.
- Projects which in the assessment of Cornwall Council show actual or potential unlawful discrimination within the terms of the Equality Act 2010.
- Statutory activities/requirements.
- Hospitality (catering and refreshment costs).
- Contributions in kind through volunteer time.
- Applications from individual private/commercial sector organisations.
- Clothing/Uniform for the sole use of an individual.
- Funding for projects not delivered in Cornwall.
- Produce a brief final project summary (a simple template will be provided)
- Produce evidence of eligible expenditure if requested, e.g., receipts, quotations
- Contribute to news stories about the project as requested.