City, Town and Parish Councils and Constituted community groups with a demonstrable remit to reduce carbon emissions.
If your idea or project meets the criteria you can apply for a grant to match fund between 20% and 40% of costs, up to £4,000 although for exceptional projects that could offer a larger impact we may offer grants of up to £15,000.
Constituted community groups are eligible for up to 40% match funding
Incorporated not-for-profit organisations are eligible for up to 30% match funding
Incorporated for-profit organisations are eligible for up to 20% match funding.Your project will need to support our climate emergency response through one of the following:
The funds cannot be spent on:
- Reducing carbon emissions from households, businesses or organisations
- Promoting sustainable choices and behaviour change
- Creating new opportunities for renewable energy
- Supporting climate resilient communities and spaces
- Promoting the removal of carbon from the atmosphere through nature-based solutions; - Excluding any project under £2,000 in total value, these projects are supported by the [Grow Nature Seed]()
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Retrospective funding to fill funding gaps not identified before the project starts.
- Salary or routine administration costs.
- Political activities, lobbying or campaigning.
- Projects which in the assessment of Cornwall Council show actual or potential unlawful discrimination within the terms of the Equality Act 2010.
- Statutory activities/requirements.
- Hospitality (catering and refreshment costs).
- Contributions in kind through volunteer time.
- Clothing/Uniform for the sole use of an individual.
- Funding for projects not delivered in Cornwall.
- Produce a brief final project summary (a simple template will be provided)
- Produce evidence of eligible expenditure if requested, e.g., receipts, quotations
- Contribute to news stories about the project as requested
Please read the terms and conditions here.