This investment of up to £15,000 aims to help community organisations crowdfunding for capital (building or refurbishment) works that will enhance spaces within their local area, to enable people to have a better experience, to ensure facilities are more environmentally and financially sustainable. Eligibility Criteria
This match funding is designed to help community groups deliver a project to create, enhance or redevelop a community place for sport.
To be eligible to apply, organisations must be:
- Charity, community, voluntary and social enterprise sector not-for-profit organisations that deliver sport and/or physical activity in their community.
- For the benefit of people residing in Wales.
- Seeking investment for internal or external facilities / modernisation works
- Involving the local community in the development and delivery of their project.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Individuals or sole traders
- For profit businesses or partnerships
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Commercial sport and physical activity providers, e.g. private gyms
- Leisure operators including leisure trusts
- Those organisations which have previously accessed the Sport Wales Private Provider Fund
Priority will be given to projects that are in the most deprived communities to ensure that our match investment reaches those most in need. This will be organisations that do one or both of the following:
- Deliver activity in areas experiencing social and economic deprivation, including rural communities
- Work with one or more of the following groups as a main focus: disabled people; low socio-economic groups; Black, Asian and people with other ethnically diverse backgrounds.
We will still support projects which do not meet these priorities, however we may reduce the level of match funding offered. Match funding will usually be in the range of 30-50% of the project target.Pledge Criteria
If your application is approved, you’ll get match funding of up to 50% towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £15,000. This offer will be valid for 4 weeks after the date of notification, if you do not launch your crowdfunding campaign within 4 weeks of notification the offer will be rescinded.
To receive a pledge, you will need to do two things (the ‘pledge conditions’):
1. raise at least 25% of your initial target,
2. raise this from a minimum number of unique Supporters based on your target.
You must then continue fundraising to achieve 100% of your funding target and receive the Sport Wales funds.Note – Sport Wales reserves the right to vary these pledge criteria; projects will be notified if their pledge criteria will vary from the stated terms above.
Before applying please read the Sport Wales A Place for Sport Eligibility and Pledge Criteria. Click here or English or here for Cymraeg
All funded projects are required to agree to the Sport Wales A Place for Sport Grant Conditions. Click here for English or here for Cymraeg