What you need to know
The team at Crowdfunder HQ have been putting in the hours to get GDPR ready and we are proud to confirm that we are compliant.
As a user of the Crowdfunder platform, you can be confident that the rights to your personal data (and that of our wider crowdfunding community) and how it’s used, is protected by the toughest privacy legislation in the world.
If you’re thinking of crowdfunding with us, then read on to find out what GDPR means for you.
Privacy by design is at the core of what we do.
To meet GDPR requirements, we have also...
- We have also improved the wording on our Newsletter opt-ins so that they now clearly state what a customer is signing up for.
- We have changed Project Updates and Project Marketing to require a specific opt-in from Supporters, to aid with privacy by design.
- We have reviewed the data we ask Project Owners for when starting a project, and have removed some fields which we deemed as not necessary.
- If you are applying for ExtraFunds, we have also made the forms that you use when applying much clearer, including signposting Project Owners to the Privacy Policies of Partners.
- We have written help articles and guidance for Project Owners and Supporters.
- If you are a one of our partners, we have been working hard to ensure frictionless partnering so you that can confidently help and support more projects that matter.
- We have updated our contracts to bring them in line with GDPR, and ensure that the right relationships with data are established from the get go.
- We have also updated our policies - all 60 of them!
- We have cyber-accreditation and will be updating this later in the year.
But that’s not all! Inside Crowdfunder HQ, we have trained our team on a whole new raft of internal procedures and processes to ensure that we are all GDPR compliant.
For us, the bottom line is that you can work confidently with Crowdfunder in the knowledge that data is secure for the long term and is used in the right way.