Cornwall Council: Forest for Cornwall fund
Get up to £5,000
This fund aims to support any locally constituted or recognised ‘not for profit’ organisation which seeks to serve the people or wildlife of Cornwall.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
CriteriaForest for Cornwall (F4C) Community Fund Eligibility CriteriaWho’s eligibleClick here for a list of examplesHow to Qualify
- You need to be a locally constituted and recognised 'not for profit' organisation.
- You need to raise at least 10% match funding from at least 10 unique backers before Cornwall Council funds can be released.
- The maximum Forest for Cornwall pledge will be £5,000 or 75% of your target (whichever is the lower).
- Projects will need to reach 100% of their target before closing to secure extra funding.
- Funded projects must deliver a clear and long-lasting natural climate solution in the form of increased canopy cover and demonstrate a plan for longer term management of not less than 15 years.
- Project owners must submit the landowner’s permission or terms of lease where applicable on headed paper/email. This has to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before your application can be approved.
- Project owners must also provide a Woodland Management Plan before your application can be approved to show their future plans. A template, example plans and additional helpful guidance for your project can be can be found here.
- The Forest for Cornwall Community Fund aims to support community-based projects that help to increase our canopy cover in Cornwall. This fund is a delivery tool of Forest for Cornwall. Please visit the Forest for Cornwall page for more information. For this fund some examples of the activities we might want to support, include:
- Planting individual trees, copses and woodlands within amenity greenspace/ improved grassland with public access.
- Conversion or restoration of amenity greenspace/ improved grassland to community orchard.
- Hedgerow planting and individual tree planting in hedgerows
- Tree nurseries
For information on what the funds can and cannot be spent on, please see the fund T&Cs here.