Crowdfund Sport - Sport England’s Extra Funding Scheme during the COVID-19 crisis.
This investment aims to help community sport and physical activity organisations who are experiencing short term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
Our match investment, of up to £10,000, aims to help organisations start to help themselves on the road to recovery. It's specifically targeted at organisations who have a role in supporting the nation to be active but who are experiencing short term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the ongoing crisis.To be eligible to apply, organisations must be:
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Local sports clubs,
- Charities, community, voluntary and social enterprise sector organisations that deliver sport and/or physical activity in their community, including organisations that are not solely or primarily sports organisations,
- For the benefit of people residing in England.
- Individuals or sole traders,
- For profit businesses or partnerships,
- Local authorities, including town and parish councils,
- Schools, colleges and universities,
- Commercial sport and physical activity providers, e.g. private gyms,
- Leisure operators.
If your application is approved, you’ll get match funding of up to 50% towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £10,000.To receive a pledge, you will need to do two things (the ‘fund conditions’):
1) raise at least 25% of your initial target,
2) raise this from a minimum number of supporters
Following receipt of a pledge you will also need to reach 100% of your initial funding target to receive the funds from Sport England.Note – Sport England reserve the right to vary these pledge criteria; projects will be notified if their pledge criteria will vary from the stated terms above.
Before completing your application please read the full Eligibility and Pledge Criteria. Read here.
Funded projects will be required to agree to the Active Together Grant Conditions.