This investment aims to support projects and initiatives that are creative and innovative and will engage or re-engage people back into sport, specifically those who have been most adversely affected by the pandemic. Applications should focus particularly on people from at least one of the following priority groups:
- Women & girls;
- People with disabilities;
- People with long term limiting illness;
- Children & young people – especially those aged between 11-18 years;
- Older people aged over 50;
- Ethnically diverse communities;
- People on a low income;
- People living in areas of greatest need.
Our match investment, of up to £5,000, aims to help the sports sector on the road to recovery.To be eligible to apply you must be one of the following organisations:
- A constituted sports club affiliated to a governing body of sport recognised by Sport NI.
- A community/voluntary organisation sector organisation that delivers or enables sport as your primary activity.
- A charitable trust that delivers or enables sport as your primary activity.
Sports and activities must be recognised by Sport NI.Pledge Criteria
If your application is approved, you’ll get match funding of up to 50% towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £5,000. This offer will be valid for 4 weeks after the date of notification, if you do not launch your crowdfunding campaign within 4 weeks of notification the offer will be rescinded.To receive a pledge, you will need to do two things (the ‘fund conditions’):
1) Raise at least 25% of your initial target,
2) Raise this from a minimum of 25 unique supporters.
Following receipt of a pledge you will also need to reach 100% of your initial funding target to receive the funds from Sport Northern Ireland. If the project fails to reach 100% of the target the Sport Northern Ireland pledge will be cancelled.Note – Sport Northern Ireland reserves the right to vary these pledge criteria; projects will be notified if their pledge criteria will vary from the stated terms above.
Before completing your application please read the Project Re-Boot: Activate Eligibility and Pledge Criteria
Funded projects will be required to agree to the Project Re-Boot: Activate Conditions of Grant.