Power to Change Community Business Crowdmatch
Get up to £10,000
Up to £10,000 of extra funding to help start or pivot, community businesses such as community owned shops, hubs, pubs, sports facilities, local landmarks and more.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
Community Business Crowdmatch is looking to support new start-up community businesses and established community businesses that are providing services or activities to help local people experiencing disproportionate challenge and difficulty as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
1. Must demonstrate they are (or will be) a community business which has the following features:
- Locally rooted
- Accountable to the local community
- Trading for benefit of local community
- Broad community impact
2. Must demonstrate that the community business has charitable purposes at the heart of what it does. Charitable purposes can include:
- the prevention or relief of poverty;
- the advancement of education;
- the advancement of health or the saving of lives;
- the advancement of citizenship or community development;
- the advancement of the arts, culture, heritage or science;
- the advancement of environmental protection or improvement;
- the relief of those in need because of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage;
- the relief of unemployment
- the promotion of urban and rural regeneration
- the promotion of social inclusion
3. Must demonstrate that the community business has at least one of the following impacts on the community:
- Reduce social isolation
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Increase employability
- Create better access to basic services
- Improve local environment
- Enable greater community cohesion
- Foster greater community pride and empowerment
4. Must demonstrate how the funding will support the community business to start up or to become more sustainable.
5. Will have at least 3 unrelated local individuals on the management committee/board of trustees.
6. Must have a bank account in the name of the recipient organisations which requires at least 2 signatures. If your organisation is new, and does not have its own bank account we will make alternative arrangements with you.
Before submitting an application please read the full Eligibility and Pledge Criteria.
Successful applicants will be required to agree to the fund Terms & Conditions.