Community Business Crowdmatch is looking to support new or existing community businesses that are providing services or activities that will benefit their local community.Eligible organisations:
1. Must demonstrate they are (or will be) a community business which has the following features:
2. Must demonstrate that the community business has charitable purposes at the heart of what it does. Charitable purposes can include:
- the prevention or relief of poverty;
- the advancement of education;
- the advancement of health or the saving of lives;
- the advancement of citizenship or community development;
- the advancement of the arts, culture, heritage or science;
- the advancement of environmental protection or improvement;
- the relief of those in need because of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage;
- the relief of unemployment
- the promotion of urban and rural regeneration
- the promotion of social inclusion
3. Must demonstrate that the community business has at least one of the following impacts on the community:
- Reduce social isolation
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Increase employability
- Create better access to basic services
- Improve local environment
- Enable greater community cohesion
- Foster greater community pride and empowerment
4. Must demonstrate how the funding will support the community business to start up or to become more sustainable.
5. Will have at least 3 unrelated local individuals on the management committee/board of trustees. The fund will not support sole traders or individuals wanting to set up a business.
6. Must have a bank account in the name of the recipient organisations which requires at least 2 signatures before applying.
7. Must be an incorporated organisation or have solid plans to incorporate within 3 months of application.
Before submitting an application please read the full Eligibility and Pledge Criteria.
Successful applicants will be required to agree to the fund Terms & Conditions.