Why have we launched a Crowdfunder for The Cares Family?
We have launched a matched crowdfunding appeal to enable the charity to support older people across the U.K to stay connected during this time of crisis.
Following the suspension of our face-to-face programmes on 13th March, we have innovated and created safe and sustainable ways of keeping older and younger neighbours in touch, ensuring that those most vulnerable to isolation are supported.
How will your donation be used?
No one should experience isolation alone and our team is working tirelessly to help older neighbours to have someone to turn to, and someone to talk to, during this emergency.
We need your help to fund:
- Online Social Clubs - We’re training older people to use Zoom to connect to our online Social Clubs, either via the internet or telephone.
- Phone friendships – We are piloting a phone friendship scheme with older people across our network who would like to talk to a volunteer on a regular basis.
- #AloneTogether Activity Packs – We’ve curated a programme of new daily activities each month for everyone in the community to take part in, which will be sent to over 3,000 older people. You can see our pack here http://bit.ly/AloneTogetherActivityPack
- Sending letters, poems, drawings and messages of hope to over one thousand older neighbours each month.
- Connecting older people to vital services – We’re referring older neighbours food and prescription deliveries, connecting them to health agencies, helping them to get financial advice, and so much more, to make sure no one falls between the gaps.
- Supporting the most vulnerable – We’ve identified those who are most affected by isolation and our team, who are trained to support those who are struggling with their mental health, are supporting them with dedicated one-to-one calls each week.
Your support is vital and will enable The Cares Family to continue our work during this crisis and support older neighbours in new, innovative ways. All donations will be doubled by two of our generous supporters up to £10,000.
Let's work together to keep our older neighbours connected, even in a scary and disconnecting time.
WHO WE ARE
The Cares Family helps people find connection and community in a disconnected age.
Across our sister charities - North London Cares, South London Cares, Manchester Cares, Liverpool Cares and East London Cares - we've run 750 group Social Clubs a year, matched hundreds of older and younger friends to share time on a one-to-one basis, and connected local older people to our community through proactive Outreach. We've brought 17,000 older and younger neighbours together to share time, laughter and friendship. We're now working to keep our older neighbours connected, from afar, during this time of crisis.