Cornwall Council: Cornwall Climate and Nature Fund
Get up to £5,000
Crowdfunder and Cornwall Council have come together to support projects and activities that will help Cornwall tackle and respond to climate change and promote nature recovery.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
If your idea or project meets the criteria you can apply for a grant to match fund up to 50% of costs, up to £5,000 although for exceptional projects that could offer a larger impact, we may offer grants of up to £15,000.
Cornwall Climate and Nature Fund grants will be allocated once the applicant has reached 25% of their target from a minimum of 25 unique backers.
We accept applications from all sectors, however projects which show a strong community impact and promote public access will be prioritised. All project applications will be judged on merit.Your project will support one or more of the following themes:Helping our climate emergency response by:
- Reducing carbon emissions from homes, communities, the workplace and travel
- Promoting low carbon choices and behaviour change
- Creating new opportunities for renewable energy
- Helping communities become resilient to a changing climate
- Promoting the removal of carbon from the atmosphere through nature-based solutions - for example habitat restoration and tree planting
- Converting or restoring community greenspace to wildlife habitat
- Environmental improvements to a community centre or village hall grounds
- Coastal and marine projects
- Local wildlife training and monitoring schemes
- Reduction of invasive species, litter, noise or light pollution in the environment
- Initiatives to help local people to connect with their environment
- Activities which encourage people to grow nature and increase the public understanding and enjoyment of wildlife and heritage
- Projects must deliver a clear and long-lasting natural climate solution in the form of increased canopy cover and agree to longer term management and watering of not less than 5 years
- Project owners must have the landowner’s permission where applicable before your application can be approved
- Projects who wish to contact the Forest for Cornwall team for advice can do so through [email protected]
- Retrospective funding to fill funding gaps not identified before the project starts.
- Salary or routine administration costs.
- Political activities, lobbying or campaigning.
- Projects which in the assessment of Cornwall Council show actual or potential unlawful discrimination within the terms of the Equality Act 2010.
- Statutory activities/requirements.
- Hospitality (catering and refreshment costs).
- Contributions in kind through volunteer time.
- Clothing/Uniform for the sole use of an individual.
- Funding for projects not delivered in Cornwall.
- Produce a brief final project summary (a simple template will be provided).
- Produce evidence of eligible expenditure if requested, e.g., receipts, quotations.
- Contribute to news stories about the project as requested.
If your application is approved, you’ll be offered match funding of up to 50% towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £5,000.
Following approval for funding, if you wish to make any changes to your campaign target, or any significant changes to your rewards or other page content you must notify us.
To secure a pledge from the Fund, you will need to do the following:
1. Apply to, and be approved for, the Fund.
2. Receive a provisional pledge from the Fund, by reaching at least 25% of your fundraising target from a minimum number of 25 unique supporters*.
3. Receive the Fund pledge by reaching at least 100% of your fundraising target.
*The provisional pledge which will be for up to 50% of your target (up to £5,000) will be made on to your crowdfunding campaign once you have raised at least 25% of your initial target from the required number of unique supporters and will count towards your target. This means in most cases the campaign will then be at 75%. You must then raise the remaining 25% from your crowd, to achieve 100% of your funding target and receive the Cornwall Council Climate & Nature Funds.
Please read the terms and conditions here.