British Cycling - Places to Ride
Get up to £15,000
The Places to Ride fund is inspiring people to ride and supporting cycling activity in communities.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
The Places to Ride programme is funding the development of new or the improvement of existing cycling facilities in communities across England. The programme has been made possible through a £15million commitment from Government and is being delivered through a partnership of British Cycling, Sport England and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).There are a number of things we want to achieve with this investment, but most importantly we want to:
- Encourage more people from a range of different backgrounds regardless of gender, age, ability or ethnicity to engage with cycling in all its forms.
- Invest in opportunities that connect local communities and address barriers to engaging with cycling.
- Ensure we deliver a lasting legacy of active environments that provide high quality and affordable opportunities to engage with cycling now.
We’re keen to hear from any sports club or community organisation with a great idea that will make a difference to the places where people ride. We believe that investment in community-based, accessible cycling facilities and equipment will drive increased participation, encouraging existing cyclists to cycle more regularly and encouraging new cyclists to take part.In addition to the primary objectives set out above, the Places to Ride fund seeks to:
- Promote cycling in under-represented groups
- Promote volunteering
- Encourage innovation
- Encourage co-locations with other sports and community services
- Be located and working in England or be for the benefit of beneficiaries that reside in England
- Be seeking investment for internal or external building / modernisation works or cycling equipment
- Involve the local community in the development and delivery of their project.
The Places to Ride programme is distributing public money, therefore organisations must also meet eligibility requirements.
Before completing your application please read the full Eligibility and Pledge Criteria. Read here.