Donate using the reward levels between now and 9pm on the 13th of May to be entered into our Lockdown Luxury prize draw!
We’ve partnered with local businesses across Manchester who have generously pledged some amazing prizes to giveaway to our supporters during the final week of our emergency appeal.
The following prizes are up for grabs…
- A mixed case of 24 cans of craft beer from Marble Arch Brewery
- A £40 voucher for Shindigger craft beer delivery
- A home clay kit from 7 Spot Pottery
- 12 bottles of wine from Reserve Wines
- A hot meal delivery for 2 from Tibetan Kitchen
- A gift hamper from Unicorn groceries
All prizes include home delivery in the Manchester area.
Raffle tickets are £5 each, so the more you donate, the more likely you’ll be to win a prize! Remember to leave your name and email address when donating in order to be entered into the prize draw. We’ll draw the winners live on the Manchester Cares Facebook page at 12pm on Thursday the 14th of May.
Why have we launched a Crowdfunder for Manchester Cares?
We have launched a matched crowdfunding appeal to enable the charity to support older people across Manchester to stay connected during this time of crisis.
Our team is working tirelessly to help older neighbours to have someone to turn to, and someone to talk to, during this emergency. Already hundreds of phone calls have helped us reassure older people across Manchester, to ask what people need, and to provide connection in a disconnecting time.
Following the suspension of our face-to-face programmes, we have innovated and created safe and sustainable ways of keeping older and younger neighbours in touch, ensuring that those most vulnerable to isolation are supported.
How will this money be used?
No one should experience isolation alone. We need your help to fund:
- Online Social Clubs - We’re training older people to use Zoom to connect to our online Social Clubs like these, either via the internet or telephone.
- Phone friendships – We are piloting a phone friendship scheme with older people like Charles who would like to talk to a volunteer on a regular basis.
- #AloneTogether Activity Packs – We’ve curated a programme of new daily activities each month for everyone in the community to take part in, which will be sent to over 600 older people. You can see our pack here.
- Sending letters, poems, drawings and messages of hope to over one 600 older neighbours each month.
- Connecting older people to vital services – Manchester Cares has worked in the community for over two years and is a trusted voice to many older neighbours. We’re supporting older neighbours with food and prescription deliveries, connecting them to health agencies, helping them to get financial advice, and so much more, to make sure no one falls between the gaps.
- Supporting the most vulnerable – We’ve identified those who are most affected by isolation and our team, who are trained to support those who are struggling with their mental health, are supporting them with dedicated one-to-one calls each week.
Your support is vital and will enable Manchester Cares to continue our work during this crisis and support older neighbours in new, innovative ways. All donations will be doubled by two of our generous supporters up to £10,000.
If you’ve ever considered supporting Manchester Cares or older people in the area, now is the time. Let's work together to keep our older neighbours connected, even in a scary and disconnecting time.