East Sussex Community Wellbeing Fund
Get up to £5,000
Supporting projects that are helping to create social equity, economic prosperity, cultural vitality and environmental sustainability in East Sussex.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
Community Wellbeing Fund
What can East Sussex County Council fund?
The Community Wellbeing Fund aims to support projects that are helping to create social equity, economic prosperity, cultural vitality and environmental sustainability in East Sussex. We will support a wide range of projects that help people and planet to thrive, with priority given to projects addressing existing inequalities.
This could include, for example, projects which:
1. Create connection and tackle loneliness.
2. Develop vibrant community hubs.
3. Increase active, sustainable and accessible travel.
4. Improve access to healthy, affordable and sustainable food.
5. Involve communities in tackling climate change.
6. Enhance the built and natural environment.
7. Support people to explore the use of creativity as a way to wellbeing.
8. Enable people to participate in and benefit from the digital world.
9. Promote financial inclusion.
10. Build safer and inclusive neighbourhoods.
How does the match funding work?
- You may be eligible for match funding of up to 50% of your fundraising target, or up to £5,000 maximum pledge (whichever is the lower).
- Projects must reach 25% of its fundraising target before being considered for match funding.
- To demonstrate strong local support a minimum number of unique supporters are also required:
- 25 unique supporters if applying for match funds up to £2,500
- 50 unique supporters if applying for match funds up to £5,000
- Pledges are made on reaching 25% of a project target and on reaching the targets for unique supporters.
- Following receipt of a pledge, projects must reach 100% of the initial fundraising target in order to secure the funds.
- On reaching the initial fundraising target, it is possible to add a stretch target and stretch the fundraising further. Find out how here.
Before completing your application for match-funding we ask that you read the accompanying guidance notes fully. Read here.
- The project must benefit people who live or work in East Sussex
- The project must be run by a not-for-profit organisation based in East Sussex
- The project organisation must have an annual income of less than £500,000
- The project must demonstrate strong local support by crowdfunding 25% of its target from a minimum of 25 unique backers
- The project should be creative and engaging
- The project should develop either community facilities or community activities or address the climate emergency
- Political or religious projects will not be funded
The Community Wellbeing Funding will be released once the fundraising target has been reached and the Terms and Conditions are signed by the organisation.
East Sussex County Council (ESCC) reserves the right not to fund, or to withdraw funding during a campaign if it becomes apparent that any of the criteria are not being met. ESCC also reserves the right to amend this information at any time.
Free weekly drop-ins, workshops and training are available to support your project development from our partners.