You may be eligible for match funding of up to 50% of your crowdfund target (up to £4,000 max) from the Crowdfund Winchester Communities Positive Change Fund which is open for applications until 15 November 2022. Before completing your application please read the accompanying guidance notes fully.How does crowdfunding work?
We will consider pledging up to 50% of your crowdfund campaign target (up to a maximum pledge amount of £4,000) if you meet our eligibility criteria as follows:
- You must first demonstrate strong local support by getting to 25% of your crowdfunding target from a minimum of 25 unique supporters before being considered.
- If you receive a pledge from Crowdfund Winchester, but the amount does not take you to your crowdfund target, you must continue crowdfunding until you reach your target, in order to receive anything pledged by Crowdfund Winchester.
Your project must also be able to demonstrate support of council priorities and themes:
- Be located in Winchester district and benefit people who live or work in Winchester
- Be a local not-for-profit group, community organisation, registered charity, or business
- Provide estimates of agreed expenditure
- Organisations need to have a constitution, formal decision-making process, and aims that are acceptable to the city council
- Charities must comply with Charity Commission standards
- Businesses must: have fewer than 50 employees and a turnover of less than £1M p.a.
- Businesses must provide a business plan and projected budget for the next three years
- Businesses must be state aide compliant and evidence necessary permissions, licensing, or insurance
- Acknowledge the financial support of the council in its documentation and publicity material read here
Temporary relaxation of criteria effective 1 October 2022 for not for profit organisations:
- Homes For All
- Vibrant Local Economy
- Living Well
The council recognises that the cost of living crisis is having a significant impact on voluntary and not for profit organisations across the district. This may be due to an increased level in demand for their service, a reduction in income from individual contributions, or a substantial increase to ongoing running costs. Therefore the criteria for The Town Community Fund and Communities Positive Change Fund have been relaxed until 15 November 2022 to enable organisations to apply for a grant to cover an element of running costs where these have been impacted by the cost of living crisis. Running costs may comprise up to a maximum of 50% of the grant value requested.Before completing your application, please read the fund eligibility criteria (PDF). Failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
If you require any assistance with completing the form please contact our Funding team on [email protected]
or 01962 848 269.