Get up to £2,000
Barnsley Council and Berneslai Homes are supporting projects that help our communities and residents.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
In order for your project to receive a Barnsley Boost it must:
- Be local to Barnsley.
- Be from a charity, community or voluntary sector organisation, or a social enterprise.
- Demonstrate how the project will deliver benefits for one or more of the following: communities and our residents, environment or public space, local economy.
- You will also need to detail how outcomes will be measured and what targets are being proposed.
- All projects should actively promote equal opportunities and social inclusion.
- Demonstrate the project has real community support, by achieving at least 10% of funding target or a minimum of 5 backers before we will consider a pledge.
- Achieve a minimum 25% of the funding target before we will confirm the pledge (up to 50% of total project value or £2,000 whichever is met first).
- Still achieve 100% of the target amount sought by the project deadline.
Projects that we cannot support with a Barnsley Boost include:
- Projects from individuals. If you are an individual with an idea you could link up with a local organisation. Contact us if you would like help with this.
- Activities that promote political views or religious beliefs.
- Commercial or business related activities.
- Statutory organisations.
- Spending that has already taken place.
- Projects already fully funded by other sources.
Projects that aren’t eligible for a Barnsley Boost are still encouraged to crowdfund their ideas and make them happen!