Sovereign Network Group: Thriving Communities Fund
Get up to £10,000
Sovereign Network Group’s Thriving Communities fund is aimed at supporting not-for-profit groups and organisations that can clearly demonstrate how their services and projects help deliver cohesive, sustainable, resilient communities.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
Sovereign Network Group recognises the important role that community & voluntary organisations have in delivering key services to our communities. Sovereign Network Group’s Thriving Communities fund is aimed at supporting, not-for-profit groups and organisations that can clearly demonstrate how their services and projects help deliver cohesive, sustainable, resilient communities.
To be eligible to apply, organisations must be:
- local not-for-profit groups,
- community organisations,
- registered charities.
Eligible projects must aim to engage with and benefit Sovereign Network Group residents, within one or more of the localities listed in full in the full Guidance, Eligibility and Pledge Criteria
Projects must be able to demonstrate how the work helps achieve one or more of the Sovereign Network Group priorities and themes as follows:
- Youth: projects that encourage and support young people to steer initiatives, achieve their aspirations and transition from where they are to where they want to be.
- Health and well-being: projects that help to create communities where people can feel well and live well.
- Ageing-well: projects that invest in the development of more inclusive and age friendly communities that respond to the needs of its population and aim to improve quality of life.
- Social Inclusion and Isolation (including EDI): projects that promote equal opportunities, enhance participation and create a positive culture and sense of belonging.
- Environment & Place: projects that strengthen capacity and work together to create lasting improvements in local communities.
- Customer Voice: projects that create spaces where customer voices can be heard and empower them to influence, take action and make a difference.
- Employment support: projects that increase employment and training opportunities including accessing work, better work and vocational qualification.
- Food Insecurity: projects that provide access to food for those in financial hardship.
- Digital Inclusion and skills: projects that focus on increasing access to digital skills, equipment, and connectivity.
- Money matters and debt - projects that focus on developing financial skills, increasing income and reducing debt for those in financial hardship.
Match funding criteria
If your application is approved, you’ll be offered match funding of up to 50% towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £10,000.
To secure a pledge from the Fund, you will need to do the following:
1. Apply to, and be approved for, the Fund.
2. Receive a provisional pledge from the Fund, by reaching at least 25% of your fundraising target from at least 10 unique supporters*.
3. Receive the Fund pledge by reaching at least 100% of your fundraising target. If the project fails to reach 100% of the target the provisional pledge will be cancelled.
*If you are concerned that you are unable to reach this target, please contact SNG at gr[email protected] who will be able to discuss this with you.
Sovereign Network Group reserves the right to vary these match funding criteria; projects will be notified if their match funding criteria will vary from the stated terms above.
Before completing your application please read the full Guidance, Eligibility and Pledge Criteria.
Projects will be required to agree to the Terms and Conditions.