How does crowdfunding work?
We will consider pledging up to 50% of your crowdfund campaign target (up to a maximum pledge amount of £10,000) if you meet our eligibility criteria as follows:
- You must first demonstrate strong local support by getting to 25% of your crowdfunding target before being considered
- If you receive a pledge from Crowdfund Salford, but the amount does not take you to your crowdfund target, you must continue crowdfunding until you reach your target, in order to receive anything pledged by Crowdfund Salford
Your project must also reflect one of the Council's ‘Great Eight’ priorities:
- Be local to the city and benefit people who live or work in Salford
- Must be inclusive and accessible
- If you are from a local community group, charity, voluntary organisation or social enterprise, you will need to provide bank account details and a copy of your governing documents that shows how your group or organisation is run (eg constitution, rules, etc)
- If you are a private sector business, you will need to provide bank account details and evidence of who owns/ governs the business
- If you are an individual, you will need to provide bank account details and evidence of your identity
Before completing your application please read the fund eligibility criteria (PDF).
- Tackling poverty and inequality
- Tackling health inequalities and providing the best possible care
- Affordable housing and reducing homelessness
- Promoting transport and digital connectivity
- Skills and education (A Learning City)
- Creating an economy for all
- Tackling the climate emergency
- Creating vibrant places and spaces
Did you know that there is other funding support available in Salford if Crowdfunding is not suitable for you. Find out more about available funding on the Salford CVS website and also the Salford City Council websiteSalford City Council reserves the right to not fund a project or to withdraw funding during a campaign, if it becomes apparent that any of the criteria are not being met.
To translate this information into other language options please visit the Google translate website.