Get up to £30,000 (+£15,000 from the Climate Emergency Bonus)
Plymouth City Council is supporting projects that help improve the city and make it a great place to live, work and play.
Once an eligible project has raised 25% of their fundraising target from multiple pledges, if you meet the Council’s criteria and sign up to their terms and conditions, Plymouth City Council may pledge 50% of the target (up to a maximum of £30,000).
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
Projects must benefit people in Plymouth* and help address the demands that development places on the city the Council will look to ensure your project meets the fund’s criteria and terms and conditionsPriority will be given to one or more of the following:
This could include for example projects which:
- Projects in an area of the city where development has taken place which has contributed to the fund.
- Projects which help address the demands that development places on the city.
- Help address the need for local infrastructure;
- Reduce any adverse impacts of development; or,
- Help manage increased pressure on local services by enabling community action.
- Projects which demonstrate economic, social or environmental benefits to the local community;
- Projects which are consistent with the Plymouth Plan’s ‘Welcoming City’ value where ‘Every person who lives in or visits the city will be treated fairly and with respect’.
- Projects which help improve the local environment and public spaces.
- Projects which help address climate change.
- Projects which demonstrate added benefit for the city through for example, using local businesses or developing skills of local people.
- *At least 75% of the people benefiting from your project should live in Plymouth.
The Council will only pledge on projects on the ‘all or nothing’ model. The money pledged will be released only if the full fundraising target has been reached.
To find out more about the City Change Fund please visit the Council’s websiteThe Climate Emergency Bonus
For projects which are making a significant contribution to Plymouth’s efforts to respond to climate change, an additional pledge may be made by the Council in the form of a “Climate Emergency Bonus”.
Once an eligible project hits the 100% target, unless agreed in writing with them beforehand, Plymouth City Council may pledge an additional 25% of your target (up to a maximum of £15,000).
When applying for the Climate Emergency Bonus, projects should provide sufficient information to prove any claims about the project making a significant contribution to climate change and how the bonus will be used to further Plymouth’s response to the climate emergency.Priority will be given to one or more of the following:
- Projects which are delivering renewable energy sources;
- Projects which support sustainable transport measures;
- Projects which reduce waste;
- Projects which protect and enhance local biodiversity in our green and blue spaces.
To find out more about the City Change Fund and the new Climate Emergency Bonus please visit the Council’s websiteProjects will be required to send over a signed copy of the T&C’s before their application can be approved