Crowdfund Portsmouth: Small Business Fund
Get up to £5,000
Crowdfund Portsmouth supports constituted organisations, businesses, social enterprises and individuals tackling the impact of COVID-19 pandemic.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
You may be eligible for a pledge from the Crowdfund Portsmouth fund up to 50% of your project target (£5,000 maximum pledge). Before completing your application for match-funding we ask that you carefully read the Portsmouth City council terms and conditions Read here
To be eligible for match funding, businesses will:
- Be from an existing business (including e-commerce) / constituted organisation / Social Enterprise – if you are freelance or self-employed, you will need to evidence that you have been operating for at least 12 months.
- Be State Aid compliant
- Can demonstrate they have been adversely affected by COVID-19 - e.g. showing evidence of declining cashflow/loss of bookings
- Can demonstrate community support (match funding from the crowd)
- Be formally constituted in the UK, and have their own bank account with at least two signatories
- Have been in operation for at least one year
- Eligible projects will need to achieve 25% of the funding target, which must have come from at least 10 unique backers to trigger the pledge
- Achieve the total project target (at least 100%) to receive the funds
Projects we cannot support with a pledge include:
- Activities that promote political views or religious beliefs.
- Statutory organisations.
- Spending that has already taken place.
- Projects already fully funded by other sources.
Portsmouth City Council reserves the right to not fund, or to withdraw funding during a campaign if it becomes apparent that any of the criteria are not being met.