Crowdfund Portsmouth: Small Business Fund
Get up to £5,000
Crowdfund Portsmouth supports new business start-ups, existing SMEs looking to grow and businesses impacted by Covid-19.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
You may be eligible for a pledge from the Crowdfund Portsmouth fund up to 50% of your crowdfund target (£5,000 maximum pledge).
Before completing your application for matchfunding we ask that you carefully read the Portsmouth City Council terms and conditions Read here
To receive matchfunding from us, your project must:
- Be within the city (within postcodes PO1 to PO6)
- Be formally constituted in the UK, with a bank account
- Help residents into /closer to employment, or brings economic benefit to the city
- Priority will be given where the project is for an existing independent, small or medium sized enterprise seeking to grow
- For applicants applying as a result of Covid-19 - demonstrate how you have been adversely affected by COVID-19. For example, showing evidence of declining cash flow /loss of bookings
- Demonstrate strong local support, shown through a vibrant crowdfunding campaign
- Achieve 25% of your crowdfund target, from at least 10 unique backers, before a pledge from Portsmouth City Council is considered
- If you receive a pledge from Portsmouth City Council and it does not take you to your target, then you must continue crowdfunding until you reach your target in order to collect the pledge from the Council.