HCC Community Innovation Fund
Get up to £5,000
Funds to support Hertfordshire projects benefitting the over 18s creating stronger, safer, fairer and inclusive communities.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
Funds to support Hertfordshire projects benefitting the over 18s creating stronger, safer, fairer and inclusive communities.What can we match fund?
We are keen to support local projects that aim to make communities stronger, more connected, capable, active, safer, fairer and more inclusive.
Projects launching as part of Crowdfund Hertfordshire could be eligible for extra funding from Hertfordshire County Council (HCC), with an opportunity to get a pledge for 50% of their funding target or up to £5000. Before completing your application for match-funding we ask that you read the terms and conditions fully.Funding is now available to support community projects within Hertfordshire*, that help meet one or more of the following criteria: Essential criteria for organisations and the public
- The project must be run by a not-for-profit organisation, be based in Hertfordshire and/or be run for the benefit of adults living and/or working in Hertfordshire.
- Projects must address equality and diversity and therefore must be inclusive and accessible to everyone.
- The project must have strong local support, and be able to reach at least 25% of its target through crowdfunding in order for an HCC pledge to be made.
- Projects must achieve 100% of their target to secure any extra funding from the council, with the ‘all or nothing’ funding model preferred.
- The project must be completed within a year of the grant being awarded unless otherwise agreed.
- Organisations will need to have governance and policy documents; a management committee; a bank account in the name of the organisation with a minimum of two cheque signatories where appropriate.
- Organisations must have an income of less than £400,000 per annum.
- Reducing social isolation/loneliness.
- Improving the health and wellbeing of adults in Hertfordshire.
- Creating volunteering opportunities for local people.
- Supporting and enabling vulnerable groups, and/or community safety, crime reduction and cohesion.
- Reducing or delaying demand for Hertfordshire County Council services in the community.
- * The area administered by HCC with at least 75% of the people benefiting from your project living in that administered area.
HCC seeks to distribute funding in an even-handed way across the area of Hertfordshire it administers and reserves the right not to make a funding pledge to a particular project.