- We're currently fundraising to cover the costs of responding to the Covid19 crisis due to our usual income streams being rightly reserved for frontline services. These costs include retaining our work and storage space.
- We acknowledge that we aren't a frontline service, however we know we will be part of the infrastructure that helps rebuild Sheffield City Region by contributing the the reduction in unemployment rates.
- Before lockdown was imposed, we had seen a 183% increase in referrals over the past year. This figure informs us that our service is much needed. We predict that our service will be needed more than ever as the region recovers from Covid19.
Overview of The Suit Works
We help unemployed people succeed at interview by building confidence through personal styling.
We work closely with The Princes Trust, DWP, Sheffield City Council and many more local organisations.
Our clients are given formal clothing, to keep, and a styling and interview coaching session to help them look fantastic, feel confident, and perform well. This unique service, available to both men and women in the region removes a basic barrier to employment.
In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are now expanding our remit. Rather than working solely with vulnerable people, we will now be working with any unemployed person who is unable to afford smart clothes for interview and who may require support or coaching to prepare for the interview.
The unprecedented number of people losing their jobs and seeking new work requires an assertive and collaborative response. We have a supply of donated interview wear and the ability to coach and prepare people for interviews. Many will not have had to interview for a job in many years and will be feeling overwhelmed and vulnerable. We are especially well-placed to respond to this crisis.
33% of bosses know within the first 90 seconds of an interview whether they will hire someone. When meeting new people, 55% of the impact comes from the way the person dresses, acts and walks through the door. 65% of bosses indicate that clothes could be a deciding factor between two almost-identical candidates.
Feedback from both clients and other organisations lets us know that our service has a positive impact.
Your donations will ensure we can plug the funding gap and ensure we remain available for those trying to get back into work. The main areas this funding will assist with are:
- Maintaining suitable work and storage space.
- Ensure resources are available to deliver the service