Total raised so far £10,261
+ est. £1157.75
It has been a little bit doom-and-gloom here at Shrub lately as we have been trying to work out how to stay open despite recently losing our main funders.
However, we had some INCREDIBLE news that made us all do a little happy dance when we found out...
The National Lottery has agreed to give us their Community Led Grant for the Zero Waste Community Hub! One of the requirements however is that we must fundraise £8000 of 'match funding' in order to receive this grant from them.
This is the best news we have had in a LONG time and we are delighted to be able to share this with our community but we want to emphasise we are not in the clear yet...we still need to raise this £8000 in order to get the grant! We are sure that with the support of our community, we will be able to get there!
With the support of this crowdfunder we will be able to continue:
- making a circular economy accessible to those on lower incomes
- redirecting textile waste away from foreign textile markets and ultimately landfill by partnering with hostels and other charitable organisations who can make use of the clothing we cannot sell.
- empowering our community to repair their clothing through workshops and normalising this as the first step before donating or throwing away clothing.
- educating our community on the importance of slow fashion.
- using our beautiful space at 22 Bread Street as our Zero Waste Hub.