The funding that we will acquire if we can raise £8000 will give us:
- £149,986.00 total for 2 years for the Zero Waste Community Hub.
- Enable us to employ one full time Community Hub Coordinator.
- Enable us to employ one 0.8FTE Events and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Give us a 20% contribution to core roles and our Bread Street rental costs.
It will also allow us to continue:
- Operating on a tokens system in our Swapshop to help create a circular economy.
- Giving things we can’t sell to other partners across the city such as SPACE, Fresh Start, St Cuthberts, and various hostels.
- Organising community events in our Zero Waste Hub and around the city.
- Organising Freeshops so we can prevent unwanted items from going to landfill.
- Educating our community and the wider Edinburgh community about behaviour change activities that can help combat the climate crisis.
- Running our vegan cafe and community space.
- Improving employability amongst our volunteers by training them in customer service, communications, governance and policy, barista work, swapshop pricing etc.
- Ensuring members of our local community have access to food, some of whom don’t qualify for help elsewhere but are still experiencing food poverty.