The last months have been challenging for us all. And no part of our community has been left untouched.
Communities have pulled together, supported those who have needed help and protected those who are most vulnerable, and here at Edwardian's its been no different! Throughout the Summer we supported the NHS and Age UK through our cycle challenges, and volunteering time to deliver food parcels.
We believe at Edwardian's; at the heart of every community are its sports clubs. Sport brings people together, helps with physical and mental well-being and even in these unprecedented times gives people a feeling of normality.
The Edwardian's Return to Rugby Fund is designed to ensure we continue to deliver inclusive accessible rugby for all, through ensuring Rugby at Edwardian's is affordable, attainable and serves our community for years to come. The situation we find ourselves in has also highlighted the need to provide a greater facility for our members to ensure families can continue to use our club as a hub but with the necessary socially distanced measures taken into consideration,
- Helping with membership and other playing costs so that no one is excluded from taking part, no matter their circumstances.
- Providing our players with the kit and equipment required to take part.
- Continuing to coach rugby in our local schools, through our RFU acclaimed Schools and Community programme making sure that those children returning to school in September are given proper PE time.
- The creation of an inclusion provision for those who may previously, not have been able to access rugby.
- Investing in the future via the improvement of facilities, namely new changing & showering facilities for our Girls, Young Women and growing Junior section.
- To improve our social spaces and crate a more usable outdoor space so our community can safely come together
In support of our Return to Rugby Fund we will be hosting fundraising events such as Movember (see our links), continuing to support our charity partners, taking donations and hosting rugby activities bring the whole Edwardian and wider community together and we invite you to join us and help where you possibly can.
Crowdfunder is a great partner for us in this project. 'These are unprecedented times but together, we are stronger, and the response is coming from communities across the country. Volunteer groups such as Edwardian FC are tackling problems faced in our communities – but they need urgent support. That's where we come in, making it 100% free for crowdfunding projects during the coronavirus crisis.' So every penny raised will go towards our Return to Rugby Fund overall target which we can apply to be matched by Sport England so please support as generously as you can and help Edwardian FC to continue supporting our community.