You may be eligible for match funding of up to 50% of your crowdfund target (max £4,000) from the Crowdfund Winchester Greener Future Fund which is open for applications until 15 November 2022. Before completing your application for match-funding please read the accompanying guidance notes.How does crowdfunding work?
We will consider pledging up to 50% of your crowdfund campaign target (up to a maximum pledge amount of £4,000) if you meet our eligibility criteria as follows:
- You must first demonstrate strong local support by getting to 25% of your crowdfunding target from a minimum of 25 unique supporters before being considered.
- If you receive a pledge from Crowdfund Winchester, but the amount does not take you to your crowdfund target, you must continue crowdfunding until you reach your target, in order to receive anything pledged by Crowdfund Winchester.
You must also demonstrate how your project helps achieve one or more of the funding themes:
- Be located in Winchester district and benefit people who live or work in Winchester
- Be a local not-for-profit group, community organisation, registered charity, or business
- Provide estimates of agreed expenditure
- Comply with the relevant permissions/ licensing/ insurance/ documentation (constitution)/ policies
- Organisations need to have a constitution, formal decision-making process, and aims that are acceptable to the city council
- Charities must comply with Charity Commission standards
- Businesses must: have fewer than 50 employees and a turnover of less than £1M p.a.
- Businesses must provide a business plan and projected budget for the next three years
- Businesses must be state aide compliant and evidence necessary permissions, licensing, or insurance
- Acknowledge the financial support of the council in its documentation and publicity material read here
Making an application:Before completing your application, please read the fund eligibility criteria (PDF). Failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
- Behavioural changes
If you require any assistance with completing the form please contact our Funding team on [email protected]
or 01962 848 269.