You may be eligible for Building Stronger Communities Match Funding of up to 50% of your project target, or up to £2,500 maximum pledge. Before completing your application for match-funding we ask that you read the accompanying guidance notes fully. Read here.
- The project must benefit people who live or work in East Sussex
- The project must be run by a not-for-profit organisation based in East Sussex
- The project organisation must have an annual income of less than £200,000
- The project must demonstrate strong local support by crowdfunding 25% of its target from a minimum of 25 unique backers
- The project should be creative and engaging
- The project should develop either community facilities or community activities or address the climate emergency
- Political or religious projects will not be funded
In addition to the projects focussing on our three key themes, until the end of March 2022, the fund will support projects in East Sussex that are addressing the climate emergency.
- The inclusion of people who have previously been excluded from community life, or;
- Diversity by bringing together groups across different cultures, ages, or any other diverse groups, or;
- The empowerment of people and communities by drawing on their strengths to participate in community activities.
This could be through; increasing active and sustainable travel; preventing and minimising unnecessary waste; improving green spaces; increasing access to sustainable, affordable and healthy food; reducing energy usage; or enhancing knowledge and skills around climate change mitigation and adaptation.
The Building Stronger Communities Match Funding will only be released once the full fundraising target has been reached and the Terms and Conditions are signed by the organisation.
Free one-to-one advice, workshops and training are available to support your project development from our partners.