SAVE WOODFIELD The global COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating affect on our Community/Family Sports Club. We have been closed for just short of 6 months and faced restrictions on other months we have been open. Our Landlords are the NHS and we have had to pay full rent and utilities for the entire time we have been closed and had no income.
FOR MORE ON THE DONCASTER FREE PRESS ARTICLE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
Woodfield v Covid 19
Crowdfunding are offering up their platform to allow all UK small businesses to get through these challenging times and Woodfield are desperate for some support to keep us alive, providing a great sporting facility for our community.
Woodfield Squash and Leisure is a Non-Profit family club here to support and provide a safe environment for the public to come and use. Our facilities include:
* 4 brand new squash courts
* Large gym with Multi Gym, Free Weights, Cardio Machines and much more
* Spinning Room
* Purpose built Studio Room
* Boxing Room
* Sports Bar
* 3 New Pool Tables
* Kids football pitch and team
* Kitchen and catering for sports teams and general public
Woody's helps not only the general public but supports the community, local schools, the vulnerable and also welcomes patients in from the onsite hospital.
It provides a thriving Squash club as the foundation to allow people from all backgrounds to come in and get involved no matter what level or ability.
We lose so much if we were forced to close due to Covid.
Unfortunately we have pleaded with our landlords to place a rent freeze only whilst we are closed to help us survive on zero income. We understand the NHS are under great pressure too and we are always here to support them as much as we can.
If we close it has the following devastating affects:
* Local Schools can't attend
* NHS personnel lose out on our special offers and having an on site Sports Club
* Kids with behavioural and learning problems no longer have a safe place to come and play sport and train and focus their attention
* Kids Football Team will fold
* Kids Squash Team and Training will fold
* Squash Vets team will fold, Prem team with Professional and International players will fold inspiring many young sportsman to change their lives.
* 10 other squash teams will fold including Ladies, Sheffield & District teams & Yorkshire League teams.
* Racketball team will fold
* Boxing club and Kick Boxing Club will fold
* Hospital Patients can no longer attend
* 750 Members would all lose out
* Kids Squash Tournaments and all other tournaments will end
There are clearly many, many examples but the above are just a small example of the hugely negative impact it will have on the hospital and the community as a whole not to mention the detriment to all levels of sport....
Luckily we do have a great following and amazing support and with the help of the community, Sport England and this initiative we aim to continue providing for the good people of Yorkshire and the UK for many years to come.
During this Covid lockdown we've had to pay full rent (£3000 per month) and full utilities (£1000 per month on average) plus many other smaller bills whilst being fully lockdown for 6 months. The rent and utilities alone come to £25000 and counting. If we can get £25000, we stop open and if we can just get through this Covid pandemic we will go from strength to strength. This funding is absolutley vital to so many!
We have also lost in excess of 300 members during lockdown and affected by lack of income due to restrictions imposed when open. All we need is a fighting chance and we will do the rest.
Prior to Covid 19, Woodfield was buzzing and members were flying in....