Thank you for your support in helping us raise £968 for stage crew impacted by the pandemic.
Thanks to your generosity, the campaign has exceeded our expectations. We raised a total of £535,840 which will go directly to Stagehand Charity who will distribute the funds to stage crew who have suffered due to Covid-19.
Many congratulations to Bernadette from Burghfield Common, UK who won the prize draw. Thanks again and we hope to see you all again very soon.
Latitude Festival is raising money for stage crew charity Stagehand’s #ILoveLive campaign, which is providing financial help for all UK stage crew who are in the greatest need. Stage crew seem to be the forgotten ones in the current pandemic. They’re the unsung heroes of the live entertainment world. Without them shows just couldn’t happen.
The impact of Covid-19 has been devastating for the whole music industry but particularly for the stage techs, sound engineers, guitar techs, keyboard techs, drum techs, stage managers, production managers, tour managers and other live support personnel who make shows possible.
With no shows since March, crew’s income has been slashed with many finding that they are ineligible for any kind of government financial aid. Many are in desperate need and most are sitting with mental health issues.
Let’s help raise some money to support them this winter. It could literally save lives.
The Prize Draw
Latitude Festival organisers are donating 2 x guest tickets to the festival in 2021 to this prize draw fundraising campaign.
To be in with a chance of winning the special guest tickets we are holding a prize draw with each entry costing £5. You can enter multiple times.
Entries can be purchased between Monday 7th December and Monday 21st December. The winner will be announced on Wednesday 23rd December.
What’s the Prize?
Latitude is an award winning festival in Suffolk featuring the very best from music and arts across the globe. Acts from the worlds of comedy, theatre, literature, film and music descend on stunning Henham Park this 22nd – 25th July. 2021 is set to feature performances from Lewis Capaldi, Bastille and Snow Patrol, with many more acts still to be announced across all stages.
The Latitude Festival organisers are donating 2 x guest tickets which will give you access to the guest camping area, guest bar and separate guest entry lane.
How do I enter the Prize Draw?
By buying at least one entry at £5 you will be entered into the prize draw. If you buy multiple entries you stand a higher chance of winning. To enter you must select one of the entry reward options on this page. You can also enter the prize draw without donating by post. See terms and conditions below for details. By donating and entering the prize draw you agree to the terms and conditions.
You can make a donation without entering the prize draw using the donation box toward the top of the page.
Stagehand and The PSA
Founded in 1996, the PSA is the trade association for individuals and businesses providing technical production services to live events. A member funded, member focussed, organisation, the PSA membership consists of around 2000 self employed technicians and 300 memberships in technical supply businesses.
Stagehand is the public facing name of the PSA Welfare and Benevolent Fund; a registered charity launched over 2 decades ago with the aim of raising and distributing funds for members, former members and their families who fall on hard times through illness or injury. More recently, the trustees launched a ring-fenced fund to subsidise Mental Health First Aid training for self employed members, as part of our mission to improve our sector’s approach to mental health.
The Stagehand Covid-19 Crew Relief Fund
The crisis in our sector caused by the Covid-19 pandemic has shifted the focus to those unable to work due to the current crisis. Live production workers and businesses were amongst the first to be affected, it is now clear that many live production crews are reaching a critical point with basic living expenses outstripping income. This applies across the board, from those people that earn a living building and operating shows at grassroots level to those that work with the largest stadium artists.
Extensions to the Job Retention Scheme have come too late for many companies; they were forced to make redundancies in the summer. 20% of self employed workers fell through the cracks in support; these are the people we intend to support through this fund.
Where is the money going?
Our immediate plan is to help the crew in most need, those who are close to losing the roof over their head, or those that are struggling to put food on the table. Grants will be considered to any UK crew worker who is working in the live music sector. They do not have to be PSA members.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age (parents can help here).
- Open to anyone (over the age of 18) worldwide except employees of the Promoters, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the draw.
- Entries will be accepted between 07:00 am GMT Monday 7th Dec 2020 and 18:00 pm GMT Monday 21st Dec 2020.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they like.
- To enter, make a pledge on this project and select a reward when you make your pledge. Pledges which are donations without rewards will not be entered.
- Entrants can pledge to this campaign without entering the prize draw.
- To enter the draw without pledging, please send a postcard with the prize draw name, your name, address, email address and contact telephone number to: ILoveLive Prize Draw, c/o PSA, PO Box 2709, Bath, BA1 3YS, UK. Entries must be sent on a postcard or on or within an envelope. Entries received on anything other than a postcard or envelope will not be accepted. In the case of multiple entries received in a single envelope or postcard, only one entry will be entered into the promotion. Entries sent by post must be received by the closing date and time for receipt of entries. Postal entries without correct and sufficient postage paid will be invalid and will not be considered. Personal and hand deliveries will not be accepted.
- Following the closing date, the winner will be chosen at random and contacted before 23rd December 2020. They will be contacted by email on how to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours of the initial email being sent, the next winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 1 week.
- The winner will be sent their prize(s) in January 2021.
- By entering this draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter only for the purposes of the administration of this draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The Promoter will keep entrants' personal details for a reasonable time so that it can send any prize that an entrant has won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes.
- The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- The Promoter is P.S.A Welfare and Benevolent Fund (Registered charity 1080524), at PO Box 2709, Bath, BA1 3YS, UK.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- By entering into this draw, each entrant consents to these terms and conditions.