IDLES x HIWATT are raising money for grassroots music venues at risk by donating a Hiwatt amp head recently used by IDLES at their Abbey Road session AND a Hiwatt guitar cab.
How to enter?
By selecting one of the "entry" rewards and making a £5 minimum pledge you will be entered into the prize draw to win IDLES’ Hiwatt guitar amp head which was used during the band’s recent ‘Lock-in Sessions’ at Abbey Road AND a Hiwatt guitar cab (free delivery worldwide). You can enter multiple times. Each £5 donation you make will get you one entry into the prize draw. Multiple donations of £5 will increase your chances of winning.
All £5 entries will also receive a code via email to a listening party for a one-off chance to hear 'IDLES live at Ramsgate Music Hall' live album, and potentially win an IDLES Hiwatt rig.
You can also enter the prize draw without donating, by post. See terms and conditions below for details.
Why are we raising money?
IDLES, in conjunction with Hiwatt, are raising money to support independent grassroots music venues across the UK as part of Music Venue Trust’s #saveourvenues campaign. The impact of Covid-19 has been devastating for all music venues and particularly those local venues who have provided a stage for countless artists at the very start of their career. Announcing its ‘Traffic Light’ campaign Music Venue Trust recently highlighted 30 of these venues which are in imminent danger of permanent closure.
In an effort to raise crucial funds to help support numerous grassroots music venues in the UK, IDLES’ are kindly raffling a Hiwatt guitar amp, which was used during IDLES’ recent ‘Lock-in sessions’ at Abbey Road, and a Hiwatt guitar head. During the early stages of their career, the band - with Joe Talbot on vocals, Adam Devonshire on bass, Mark Bowen and Lee Kiernan on guitars, and Jon Beavis on drums - performed at numerous grassroots music venues around the UK.
IDLES’ guitarist, Mark Bowen commented:
‘We would have been in the middle of gigging season right now, where grassroots music venues and musicians make their bread and butter, they need your support now more than ever.
Grassroots music venues are where music progresses, they are the places where future festival headliners start out, its where the music on the fringes gets an opportunity to grow and turn into popular music of the future, they are places of escapism and to speak to our times, make us think of the world around us.
They are our culture. Our government derides independence in culture and especially the music industry, this short-sighted view of culture and its economy will be all of our undoing’s.
Support an independent venue/artist/movement where you can.’
Where is the money going?
All funds raised will go to Music Venue Trust to help prevent the closure of grassroots music venues.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Open to anyone (over the age of 18), worldwide.
- Entries will be accepted between 10am GMT Monday 23rd November 2020 and 6pm GMT Thursday 26th November 2020.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they'd like.
- Entrants can pledge to this campaign without entering the prize draw.
- To enter the draw without pledging, please send a postcard with your name, address and contact telephone number to Music Venue Trust, The Ministry, 79 Borough Road, London, SE1 1DN.
- The winner will be chosen at random and contacted before Monday 30th November 2020. They will be contacted by email on how to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours of the initial email being sent, the next winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 1 week. The prize will include free shipping worldwide.
- All £5 entries will receive a code via email to a listening party for a one off chance to hear 'IDLES live at Ramsgate Music Hall' live gig album, and potentially win an IDLES Hiwatt rig.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries or questions.
Please donate, share this page widely and do what you can to help us to make sure our grassroots music venues survive this crisis.