In 2020, we're celebrating 40 years of UNITY. For four decades we’ve prided ourselves on presenting stories that truly resonate with our diverse Liverpool communities - presenting work by the people, not just about the people.
But none of this would exist without you – our loving and always supportive city. Whether you’ve been with us from the beginning, hooked up with us somewhere along the way or are still taking it slow and getting to know us, know that we don’t take your support lightly.
To say thank you for coming on our journey to date, these are just some of the things we want to do in our 40th year to give back to our community:
- Give away 2000 free tickets to local charities, schools, and community groups
- Make at least 1000 tickets available at a subsided rate of £5
- Take 6 productions outside of our venue and directly into community halls, health centers and local spaces
- Run 40 days of community takeovers across our buildings including book clubs, events to combat loneliness, quiz nights, food markets and more.
- Support 300 artists with free space, mentoring and workshops
These ambitions will run alongside our 10 promises for 2020. But we can’t do them without your help. With a total target of £40,000 for the year, we’re hoping to get our birthday year off the ground with this Crowdfunder. Any donation, big or small, will be so gratefully received.
Thank you and here’s to the next 40 years…