MAZI is a new initiative that wants to share the power of food with disadvantage young people living in supported accommodation and we need your help to get started!
To harness the power of food, creative storytelling and the local community to transform the way disadvantaged young people connect with and access nutritional and tasty food.
A world where where the food and flavours you can taste are not pre determined by your social class or background.
We are raising money to deliver our pilot programme starting on the 29th of March.
The month-long pilot delivers MAZI’s meal boxes to 16 local, young people. 10 of whom which are living in supported housing with 1625 Independent People and the other 6 with the local council.
The money we raise goes towards the delivery of our weekly meal box which includes:
- Three recipes: these will be chosen by each recipient from a selection of personally curated recipes generously donated by local chefs, our partners, refugees and various influential people in the city
- Ingredients: Everything required for the selected recipe will be pre-prepared and in the correct quantities (excluding the fresh ingredients which we will provide whole - so they can be reused!)
- MAZI Welcome Pack: Recipe cards and a welcome pack explaining what we do, and thanking the recipients for taking part in the project
- A monthly leaflet by Nutritank Nutrition for Youngster's with information on all the goodness of our food.
- A sweet and savoury surprise from local delis/bakeries every fortnight to introduce new flavours and provide that tasty comfort we all need sometimes.
Sustainability and supporting independent businesses in Bristol is at the heart of MAZI’s ethos, which means some of our costs are slightly higher. However, by supporting and donating to us you are feeding the young people, supporting local businesses and promoting sustainability within the city.
You can also check out our video interview with our ambassador, Charli Brix. She tells about her experience leaving care, some of the struggles she faced and the positive impact of having the CHOICE and ACCESS to nutritional and tasty food can have on disadvantage young people. https://vimeo.com/525082832
Check out more on: www.themaziproject.com
Artwork and animation by: Nea Niinivaara.