- Horsham District Council have proposed building 1,750 new house to the west of Billinghshurst in a new development ("Newbridge Park") currently a beautiful rural agricultural area of land that leads up to the Arun and Wey canal and the New Bridge over the River Arun. It promises to despoil up to 100 hectares of peaceful fields, hedges and trees. It will bring traffic chaos to the New Bridge single lane bridge along the A272 going towards Wisborough Green, and part of the development is on the River Arun flood plain that you will recall closed the A272 earlier this year.
- The area is outside the Billingshurst bypass which delineates the curtilage of Billingshurst and would effectively create a new town
- The development would not be supported by the existing road infrastructure which even now struggles to cope. The narrow single track lanes around there will become rat runs,
- You have until 30th March 2020 to object
- What you can do now is contact Horsham DC at the website below and give them your views! (part of Chapter 6 of the Horsham DC web site) to be found at:
Horsham DC link to object
- Having gone to the link, scroll down, it will appear as a map, give it your comments please.
- Note that every individual over 18 years old in a household can give their own view!
- Every objection counts, if the neighbourhood say no, it’s a no!