It’s time to care for our social care heroes
Our social care heroes keep the most vulnerable in society safe and well.
Social care heroes work long, anti-social hours, for wages often below what they really deserve.
Our social care heroes may suffer from wellbeing issues due to the pressures of their job, long working hours and lower incomes, with over half (51%) saying that their salary doesn’t cover their basic living costs.
The overwhelming majority of the public feel that social care staff are undervalued (81%) and underpaid (80%).
Our social care heroes deserve better.
Support Social Care Heroes will revolutionise the support that exists for our 1.54m social care heroes.
Working in partnership with care homes, we will provide support to improve the lives of social care heroes in the long-term. This will include investing in wellbeing initiatives that improve working conditions - over and above what employers do.
We will enhance the network of social care staff, home management and providers so they feel supported and work together to achieve a common goal.
We will showcase the best practice of care homes supporting their staff and call on others to match warm words with real tangible support.
It’s time to really #CareForCareStaff
Our care home experienced team
We are in the process of establishing a new registered charity which will help provide front-line social care staff with the support and recognition they deserve.
The organisation has been established by people with extensive experience of working on the front-line of social care. The founder, Nicola Richards, was the voice of care homes in the media with regular appearances on Sky News, Good Morning Britain, the Mirror, the Daily Mail and across other media outlets.
An advisory panel is helping to establish the charity, which includes front-line care staff, residents of care homes, families of those needing care and experts in the care home sector.
What we plan to do
Support Social Care Heroes will fundraise from the public, corporate partners, high net worth individuals and businesses.
We will use our fundraising on projects that reward care staff who go above and beyond in providing care and support to those who need it most.
1) Working in partnership with care homes, we will provide support to improve the lives of social care heroes in the long-term. This will include investing in well-being initiatives that improve working conditions.
2) We will provide long-term one-to-one support packages for carers who need our help and help from others.
3) We will enhance the network of social care staff, home management and providers so they feel supported and we all work together to achieve a common goal.
4) We will showcase the best practice of care homes supporting their staff.
5) We will ask others to match warm words with real tangible support and engage decision makers.
What will we use the money raised by Crowdfunder for?
We will use the funds raised to launch our charity and kick start wider fundraising from the general public.
In return, you will get exclusive updates on our set up and be listed on our website (if you want!) as a founding supporter.
Thank you for caring for our social care heroes