Slap ’N’ Tickle Theatre Company are formed of 2020 Acting Graduates Lizzie, Maddie & Lawrence.
Slap ’N’ Tickle are award-winning theatre makers with a vision for empowering and exploring the female narrative. Our aim as a company is to tell truthful stories through the female voice which is so often under-represented. We want to challenge the way in which women are portrayed, seen and heard in today’s society.
Our first show The Meat Cabaret had an online festival run with theSpaceUK in January 2021 receiving 5 star reviews. We hope to continue our success with our second show Spit Me Out which looks at the boundaries between sex and violence and how they have influenced the female experience. We want to address the crisis of sexual violence against women and challenge why this happens through the female AND male perspective. Our show weaves songs and physical theatre through a collection of duologues and monologues. Spit Me Out will be taken to The Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August 2021, supported by theSpaceUK through their Artiste Development Programme.
However we cannot do this alone! We need your support and help to raise funds to allow us to tell these stories and bring our show to life.
The funds raised will go towards:
- Venue Hire for a run of Edinburgh Preview shows in a London Theatre.
- Technical support to bring our show to (literal) light at Edinburgh Fringe and Previews.
- Edinburgh Fringe Registration Fees.
- Rehearsals and rehearsal space ahead of Edinburgh Fringe.
- Marketing fees including flyers, posters, media marketing and website.
- Costume and Props for the show.
- Accommodation costs for the show run at Edinburgh Fringe.
In the event of The Edinburgh Fringe being cancelled in 2021, all funds raised will go towards the company, with the aim that we put the show on in a live space for a run as soon as possible.