The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on Honiton Gymnastics Club.
Like many organisations, the virus meant that Honiton Gymnastics Club had to shut our doors on 20 March…and we have been closed for business ever since. Despite this, our amazing coaches have continued to inspire, our gymnasts have remained positive, and we have continued to run 29 Zoom training sessions per week for gymnasts.
Zero income due to Covid-19. £5000+ in fixed costs per month
Closing our doors has meant that Honiton Gymnastics Club has:
- £Zero income to go towards rent, service charge, insurance, storage other bills (which totals than £5,500 per month)
- £Zero income to pay our staff with (many of whom are voluntarily running Zoom sessions)
Government support not available for us
Unlike many of our friends, who run their gymnastics sessions in industrial units, Honiton Gymnastics Centre is based in a retail unit (the old Carpetright store), and this does not qualify for support from the government’s Business Support Grant Fund.
We, therefore, need to find £5,000+ each month to ensure the continued survival of Honiton Gymnastics Club until we can once again open, run sessions safely, and start to generate an income. Using Crowdfunder is perfect for us. Currently, every penny you donate will go towards our fund, but we have also applied for matchfunding. If we are successful with our matchfunding application, every penny that is donated (up to £10,000) will be doubled.
How you can donate
If you can help, please assist in one of the following ways:
- Donations: If you would like to make a general donation please do this anonymously and then write either 'PREMISES' if you would like your payment to go towards our facility rental costs, or write 'COACHES' if you would like your donation to be used to pay towards coaches for running zoom sessions
- Quiz nights/other initiatives: We have already run the Gym Night In (quiz and get-together, hosted by Helen and James) on Saturday 13 June.
- Support Gemma's 5k-a-day for 20 days: Gemma Robertson is running 5 kilometres every day for 20 DAYS! Starting on 1 July, Gemma (a Honiton Gymnastics Club coach, personal trainer & firefighter) is doing the challenge to raise money for the club's Covid-19 appeal.
Gemma said: "I want to help raise money for our club in order to support it and keep it going. It’s an amazing family to be a part of and I can’t wait for us to be back training again." Please support Gemma! You can donate to Gemma's fundraiser by clicking on the Rewards section and choosing Support Gemma's 5k-a-day for 20 days.
HONITON GYMNASTICS CLUB IS A COMMUNITY ORGANISATION
For the benefit of the community
As a not-for-profit Community Interest Company, Honiton Gymnastics Club operates for the benefit of its local community and provides:
- Gymnastics training for 600+ people per week in Honiton and the surrounding villages
- Pre-school sessions for 500+ pre-school children and their parents
- A facility for additional needs classes, post-natal classes, cheerleading and rugby fitness training
Serving the community after six months without a home
After finding ourselves homeless from November 2018 to May 2019, Honiton Gymnastics Club has gradually built our services back up since and has become even stronger and a bigger part of the Honiton Community. We are anxious to ensure that the current situation doesn’t undo all of the positive work that so many people have helped with.
Many thanks from everyone at Honiton Gymnastics Club in advance for any support you can give.