At Narrowboat Farm on the outskirts of Linlithgow, we are in the process of converting an old vegetable shed into a new craft microbrewery - Strangers Brewing Co.
What are our plans?
We want to bring brewing back to Linlithgow, making distinctive, delicious beers that are clearly rooted in the local landscape. Our artisan, hand-crafted beers will use local ingredients, and take their flavours from what’s growing on the sustainable farm and the surrounding Scottish countryside.
Building a community
We really want people to join our Strangers Brewing community, so this crowdfunder is stuffed with unmissable rewards that give supporters an opportunity to be part of something incredible. As well as raising money for the project, you'll have opportunities to be part of the Strangers story as we grow over the coming years - by being part of exclusive tastings, giving us feedback and creative ideas on what we should be brewing, or helping create more amazing habitats at the farm itself.
Your support will help us to:
- Buy microbrewery kit and fermentation tanks to help us make amazing beer! The more pledges we receive, the bigger and better the kit we can buy;
- Create a new wetland habitat on the farm, to help us increase biodiversity at the farm whilst managing our drainage sustainably. This will be great for the environment and will also help us practically manage the water from the brewery;
- Plant fruit trees (and other edible plants) to provide delicious, local ingredients for the beers and create even more habitats for birds, pollinators and animals;
We want to make beer that’s full of flavour yet balanced, interesting without being ‘wacky’. We'll make beer that we enjoy drinking, instead of just following what everyone else is doing. Our beers will take their inspiration from the seasons, and their exciting flavours from what is growing on the farm - so that might mean a summer ale with home-grown raspberries, foraging elderflower for a pale ale, or adding our own coriander seed to a wheat beer.
Where this began
While Strangers Brewing Co. is just getting started, our founder Brett has been making beer for himself, family and friends for many years. His love of brewing with natural, local ingredients began when his granny passed on some old brewing equipment and her recipes for homemade wine. He has been making interesting brews ever since.
...and why Strangers?
Linlithgow's motto is about being 'kind to strangers' - that is where our name comes from, and we'll be living this ethos by giving back to the community that we are part of.
For now, we ask that you be kind to Strangers Brewing Co. too, by donating to help us get off the ground. Thank you!
Our signature Strangers Brewing Co. glasses
These glasses are perfect for a 330ml can.
*Terms and Conditions for Prize Draw
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Open to anyone (over the age of 18) worldwide except employees of the Promoters, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the draw.
- Entries will be accepted between 1200 hrs GMT on Wednesday 28th July 2021 and 1800 hrs GMT on Sunday 12th September 2021.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they like.
- To enter, make a pledge on this project and select a reward which includes prize draw entry when you make your pledge. Pledges which are donations without rewards will not be entered.
- Entrants can pledge to this campaign without entering the prize draw.
- To enter the draw without pledging, please send a postcard with your name, address, email address and contact telephone number to: Strangers Brewing Co., Narrowboat Farm, Linlithgow, EH49 6QY. Entries must be sent on a postcard or on or within an envelope. Entries received on anything other than a postcard or within an envelope will not be accepted. In the case of multiple entries received in a single envelope or postcard, only one entry will be entered into the promotion. Entries sent by post must be received by the closing date and time for receipt of entries. Postal entries without correct and sufficient postage paid will be invalid and will not be considered. Personal and hand deliveries will not be accepted.
- Three winning entries will be chosen at random once the closing date has past. Whilst entrants may enter multiple times, any one entrant is only eligible to win one of the three prizes.
- Following the closing date, the winners will be chosen at random and contacted before 31st October 2021. They will be contacted by email on how to claim their prize.
- The winners will be sent their prizes once commercial production begins (likely to be early 2022).
- By entering this draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter only for the purposes of the administration of this draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The Promoter will keep entrants' personal details for a reasonable time so that it can send any prize that an entrant has won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes.
- The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- The Promoter is Strangers Brewing Co. LTD (company registered in Scotland SC690749).
- These terms and conditions are governed by Scottish law and the courts of Scotland will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- By entering into this draw, each entrant consents to these terms and conditions.