Crowdfunder is hosting a free webinar, offering innovative and inclusive solutions for local authorities and their partners.
How do you engage your local community in tackling climate change in their area? How do you showcase groundbreaking ideas that are happening at grass roots level? And how do you do those things at pace?
Crowdfunder is helping to answer those questions with a free, online event for local authorities. This session is suitable for anyone who wants to find out more about this innovative and proven method of fundraising and the opportunities for their community to help make climate focussed ideas happen.
It will be particularly useful for local authority climate change officers and councillors with responsibility for Environment and Climate Change.
Sign up here!
Local authorities’ pivotal role
“Local authorities across the nation have recognised that they play a pivotal role in the climate crisis. Many have declared climate change emergencies and have robust programmes in place to effect change, said Dawn Bebe, co-founder of Crowdfunder and director of community partnerships.
“Community engagement in those programmes is key, but difficult to achieve. Crowdfunder partners with councils to support projects and activities that help to tackle climate change and contribute towards carbon neutrality: driving engagement, amplifying funding available and validating ideas.”
As a partnership, Crowdfunder and the local authority aim to inspire and back projects that support the climate emergency response needed in the community, and ambitious deadlines for becoming carbon neutral.
What’s being covered?
- An introduction to the ‘#BackTheFuture LIVE: Climate Challenge’ events, proven to deliver results in communities
- What Crowdfunder is already doing to tackle climate change and how we’re working with LAs and LEPs
- How Crowdfunder can amplify funds available to tackle the climate emergency – showcasing the success we’ve already achieved with local authority partners
- How crowdfunding helps to validate ideas and facilitate real-world change
- Why this approach delivers measurable social impact
- Hear from a Crowdfunder project owner who made their Climate Change idea happen on Crowdfunder, with the support of their local council
What to expect
The workshop will be in the format of a live, interactive webinar, hosted by Crowdfunder. Participants will be able to find out about the relevance of this method of fundraising to the climate emergency and the opportunities for your community to help make their climate focussed ideas happen.
While the main content for the event will be covered in 30 minutes, Crowdfunder will make time available at the end for the Q&A, during which you will be able to ask questions via an online chat facility
A webcam and microphone are not required to join this live workshop. At the end of the live session, a replay link will be issued, should you wish to send it to other people in your team.
This event is accessible online only. Webinar details will be issued to all registered attendees 24 hours ahead of the event.
Sign up for free here.