MY JOURNEY.....I have been producing sausages in our EC approved sausage manufacturing unit since last year (2017) in Bishop's Stortford, Herts. Bishop's Stortford was the perfect launching pad for my business and I would not be where I am today without the kind help and support of the local community.
While starting in Bishop's Stortford was integral to the growth of my business, I now wish to go further afield with my wonderful sausages and take the Secret Sausage Shop on the road with the "Secret Sausage Stall(s)" !! To continue my journey I have applied for a number of markets: Epping, Hitchin, Waltham Cross, St Alban's and even looking to go into Suffolk (particularly as around 5000 in the area already know how fabulous my sausages are!)
Initially, I started the company to introduce Gourmet German Sausages into the British market. Over time my range has has grown substantially (where we have around 100 different sausages from all over the World) and just to name a few of our sausages to give you a flavour *(please forgive the pun):
- How's Your Father - A peppery sausage (which is my personal favourite and includes cracked black pepper)
- The Bishop's Stortford - A complex sausage for the discerning person of Bishop's Stortford (which contains pepper, nutmeg, ginger, mace, with back notes of sage and clove - WOW!)
- The Mountfitchet - As it is prone to flooding - it contains lots of leek!
- The Town Centre - For a hot night out - contains whole grain mustard!
- Lamb & Mint - A classic sausage - mint - what better combination with lamb?
- The Hog Roast - The taste of Hog Roast in A Sausage!
- A multi-award winning sausage - Silver Medal winner at the Great Framlingham Sausage Festival and Gold in a sausage festival near Southampton.
The Town Centre
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
Well.... we only use 100% sweet pork shoulder as I am a massive foodie and life is simply too short for mediocre sausage! I believe this is simply the best part of the pig to use as it is literally the sweetest meat and by taking whole shoulders of pork and putting to good use the time, energy and effort to properly de-bone the shoulder it creates sausages magic ! As shoulder meat contains the perfect amount of fat in my humble opinion. All my sausages are made with love.
I believe passionately in trying to make a difference to society and to that end I have also taken the decision to remove plastic from my business (by the January 2018!) following Sir David Attenborough's Blue Planet 2 discovery of the increasing devastating impact that plastic is having on our oceans and the plight that th by wrapping up sausages sold over the counter in paper (just like Jones the butcher in Dad's army!) and using cardboard as packaging for pubs, restaurants etc wish me luck and certainly the new staff will be able to get involved in this.
We are currently the only EC approved sausage manufacturing facility in Hertfordshire which means we offer cleanliness levels far exceeding 5 stars, offer full traceability, and everything has to be sent away for analysis etc i.e. our gluten free sausages have a score under 5 (which is phenominal as anything under 20 is amazing for celiacs!
WHERE THE MONEY WILL GO.....SECRET SAUSAGE STALLS
- Purchase of Secret Sausage Stalls (a high quality gazebo which will have our colours and logo printed on it)
- Purchase of a cooker (we will probably purchase a gas cooker as some markets may not have access to electricity)
- 6 foot long folding tables
- Refridgeration counter/table top to keep our sausages at the correct temperature
- Plus all the bits & bobs that go with it (knives, temperature probes, gloves, frying pan, lights, heater, washing up bowls, thermoses for both hot and cold water, anti-bacterial sprays, fairy liquid, sauces, serviettes, chopping boards, tongs etc)
Go on be a SAUSAGE and SUPPORT THE SECRET SAUSAGE SHOP on its journey!
For each donation you get the equilivient back in sausages!
Also as a further incentive by donating to our cause means you get tax relief on your contributions!!
p.s. my 10 year old son shot the video which I think is pretty good for a first effort :0)
ork shoulder sausages!