We are the first and only UK organisation carrying out research into the public health implications of excessive screen use, offering screen addiction support and campaigning for a healthier relationship with our devices.
Screen overuse and addiction affects millions of us and it’s not just young people. It’s affecting our mental health, our sleep, destroying our attention, damaging our social skills, contributing to a feeling of loneliness and causing our brains to be in a constant state of distraction and stress. These are all trends that have been exacerbated by the Covid-19 pandemic.
We recognise the benefits that smartphones and screens provide, but for too long the negative impacts have gone unchecked. Devices and apps are deliberately designed by tech companies to keep us addicted, and make us consumer targets. We believe it’s time for everyone to consider their relationships with screens and create healthy boundaries for wellbeing and quality of life. Recognising the importance of time away from our devices is an important first step.
This crowd funder will enable us to:
- Carry out polling into how screen overuse and addiction is affecting the UK population
- Carry out a bigger piece of research that will make policy recommendations
- Run a campaign for the Government to introduce maximum daily screen time guidelines
- Pay for our website and other organisational resources
- Offer screen addiction support