Molly Scott Cato has been an outstanding representative for the South West at European level.
- Molly has been clear on Brexit and has campaigned across the region for a People’s Vote and to stop the Brexit chaos.
- Molly has been strong on climate, campaigning for rapid investment in renewables, working on sustainable finance law and helping to shape a Green New Deal.
- Molly is an economist who has challenged rising inequality and is fighting tax avoidance by large companies and the ultra-wealthy.
As well as Molly, we have five other outstanding candidates on the Green list: Cleo Lake, Carla Denyer, Tom Scott, Martin Dimery and Karen La Borde.
- If 2,500 people gave just £10 we'd hit our target.
- If just 100 people gave £250 we'd hit our target.
Why is this election so crucial?
The European Parliament election on 23 May is the most important in our history. As we teeter on the brink of a catastrophic Brexit, it offers us a vital opportunity to show that the will of the people has changed. Molly has been crystal clear on her opposition to Brexit. A strong vote for Molly and the Green Party will help increase pressure for a People’s Vote. And we can use the European Elections as a proxy referendum.
Just as importantly, you can help make sure that EU policies develop in a way that’s good for the environment, good for the climate, and good for people’s quality of life.
Why do we need to raise money?
The government is embarrassed by these elections so media coverage will be limited. Our main chance of getting the message out is a leaflet delivered to every registered voter in the South West. It will also carry positive messages about our future in Europe, taking this message to five million people. This will cost us around £20,000. In addition, every party has to pay a deposit of £5,000 just to take part in the election.
Any more that we raise will go towards all the many other associated costs of the campaign – producing other campaign materials and candidates’ travel costs, for instance. If this crowdfunder raises more funding than the campaign needs, any surplus will be retained by South West Green Party to help finance future local, national and European campaigns.
Unlike the Tories and the Labour Party, the Green Party does not have a roster of ultra-wealthy donors to draw on in return for services rendered. We aim to make a big impact with creative campaigning, but our resources to do this are very limited. The Green Party does not receive large corporate donations so we rely on small contributions from people like you. Please help us if you can.
What has Molly has done as our MEP?
Working with the powerful Green Group in the EU Parliament, Molly has:
- Helped secure ambitious energy efficiency and renewables targets for 2030, and pressed for faster progress to match the scale of the climate emergency
- Led on tough new measures to stop tax-dodging by corporations and the ultra-wealthy
- Helped secure a wide-ranging EU ban on single-use plastics
- Helped secure a ban on bee-killing pesticides
- Led on initiatives to create a more environmentally sustainable financial industry
- Led on campaigns for greater transparency, to control corporate lobbying and to protect whistleblowers
- Exposed the criminality that tainted the 2016 Brexit referendum
Please help us make sure that Molly is able to continue her great work!