For two years Riverside Area Residents' Association have been fighting plans for a 90 micro-room easyHotel on the corner of Godesdone Road and Newmarket Road.
Now we need to raise more funds to continue this fight!
There are already 340 budget hotel rooms opposite the proposed easyHotel site.
Another large budget hotel on this small site is unsustainable overdevelopment that will harm our area and prevent better uses.
We know this easyHotel proposal means:
- NO parking for hotel guests – they will park in congested local streets
- NOWHERE for guests to eat, drink or socialise inside – they'll gather outside
- ONE SPACE for 24/7 taxis, cars and deliveries on narrow Godesdone Road, adjacent to the Newmarket Road junction
But with your help we can:
- Have the consent overturned and for residents‘ evidence to be properly considered and reported
- Reform of the unjust process by which the original decision was overturned
- Ensure that the City's Local Plan policies are fully applied, not unilaterally reinterpreted by officers
In August 2020 we retained expert legal advice and started legal proceedings to secure a High Court Judicial Review. With your help we can fight this!