Pint-Sized Towersey planning is well underway!
After a frustrating and challenging 18 months we are delighted to finally be planning a festival for August.
Pint-Sized Towersey will be different, but it will be Towersey. We have chosen to work towards a smaller, lower capacity festival to maximise the chances of it happening no matter what social distancing regulations are required at the time.
We are now working hard to make this happen and ask you to bear with us if you aren’t getting as much information as quickly as you’d like. But we now have 3 months to do what we usually do in 12 and with additional hoops to jump through in terms of COVID planning.
Things will be different and probably not perfect but rest assured we are working hard to ensure it is safe and a lot of fun.
One of the changes is that we won’t be selling much merchandise on site. This is for both hygiene and financial reasons.
We have a selection of fabulous t-shirts and hoodies designed by Hannah Broadway to celebrate this unique Towersey Festival.
We have a charcoal hoodie with either a white or yellow print.
Unisex t-shirts in charcoal, blue and aqua
Ladies Fit t-shirt in aqua
Children's t-shirt in yellow.
If you would like one of our fabulous Pint-Sized Towersey t-shirts or hoodies in time for the festival then you need to order it here in advance. They will then be available to pick up on-site.
Orders will be taken until the 30th July to ensure they are printed in time for the festival - so don't delay, place your order today!
If you can’t join us this year, then please feel free to order your merchandise to support the festival at home. Just let us know you require it posting and we'll get it sent out to you.
Thank-you as always for the love and support xx
The festival was started back in 1965 by Denis Manners (The Granddad of the Current Director, Joe) in his back garden in the Oxfordshire village of Towersey. It is the oldest independent festival in the UK. We support music, community and sustainability.
Towersey is an authentic independent festival with an amazing community spirit. It’s an exciting, inspiring, relaxing and homely place where you can see a line-up of top musicians and artists as well as discover new music, learn new skills and experience new things. It’s a festival for everyone, from small kids to grandparents, a place you can create family memories together. And from the moment you arrive you will feel part of the bigger Towersey family.
Towersey will always be a folk and roots festival with one foot firmly in our proud history and foundations and one excitedly in the future of festivals and music.
We aim to bring you an experience which will live with you forever, provide you with life-long friends and ensure there is nowhere else in the world you would rather be on the August Bank Holiday!
- To date, Towersey Festival has paid over £2 million in fees to Artists.
- We employ over 120 artists and bands every year
- Every year over a quarter of our overall expenditure is dedicated to artists, performers and workshop leaders
- Towersey Festival has raised (or helped to raise) over half a million pounds for charities, artists organisations and local community groups.
- We have spent over £4 million with event industry suppliers and spend around half of our expenditure on production
- UK Music Festivals contribute over £2.5 Billion to the UK economy
- Towersey alone contributes around £2.5 Million through customer and festival spending
- Towersey 2020 operating costs to date are over £120’000 (this is the minimum that one cancelled year will cost) This includes marketing spend, deposits, overheads and staff.
Most important of all… Towersey Festival has introduced music, art and culture to over 5000 people annually for 55 years. Spreading happiness, well-being and the importance of tradition and art.