Help us complete an African educational first
Malawi's schools are closed again due to the Covid19 pandemic and learners have lost millions of hours of access to learning. According to the Malawi Ministry of Education there was an 11% rise in teenage pregnancies between March-July 2020 with many girls unlikely to return to education. Help us plug this learning gap and turn the tide on teenage pregnancies.
Padziwe, a Malawian digital education start up company, has recently made all its secondary school learning resources available for free online (Click HERE to access the lessons) so that learners can access them and continue learning. These learning resources are designed to help understand concepts more easily. They are interactive and enriched with media such as video, audio, animations, and high quality images. Since the start of the pandemic Padziwe have worked hard to create content for 11 subjects. They used qualified Malawian teachers and followed the Malawi curriculum to create lessons for the final two years of secondary education providing an invaluable resource for students wanting to sit their final exams. The lessons have been shared with the Education Ministry and adjusted according to their instructions.
Padziwe are ordinary Malawians aiming to fill the education void created by Covid19. They are using their intellectual capital and IT skills to create a Malawian solution for a Malawian problem - you can help them succeed.
We would like to raise funds to help Padziwe take care of the following:
- Monthly server costs - currently £100 a month
- Providing online learner support for students who are struggling - targeting £500 a month
- Complete the remaining 2 years of the secondary education content - to create two years of digital content for one subject costs £5,000, there are 11 subjects to cover.
- Providing low-cost devices such as tablets and feature phones so that students who cannot afford accessing Padziwe content online can study the same content offline using these devices. Padziwe are seeking existing, collaborative, organisations interested in spreading the learning.
- Providing off line licenses for schools who have computers that do not contain curriculum content. £5 will buy one licence for a Malawian school computer. The cost of the installation engineer is included.
No country in Africa has a complete, freely available, digital set of curriculum lessons for its entire Secondary Education system. Help Padziwe finish the job.
Padziwe recognise they are a small organisation and are actively seeking existing, collaborative organisations, operating in the education space to help with distribution. If your organisation is interested in collaborating to extend the spread of education please contact Padziwe at [email protected].
Login to view the free online learning content HERE.