We're looking to raise £15,000 to allow us to develop our rebellious little brewery. Support us on our mission to keep pushing the brewing boundaries and bringing you the bravest beers with the most eccentric taste. Our planned expansion includes the addition of 2x1000L Bright beer tanks to help us to increase production and make our little brewery more self-sufficient. We also want to secure 2 new jobs within our Brew Crew (a full-time bar supervisor and a UK sales Rep) as well as get a van for local deliveries and help out with brewing logistics.
About Piglove Brewing Co.
Piglove Brewing Co. is our independent craft brewery, based in Leeds. ‘Brave Brewing with Eccentric Taste’ is what we're all about! Not content with simply being part of the craft brewing revolution, we want to push things forward in our own style. Originally hailing from the far-away lands of Venezuela, we add an Amazonic twist and wanderlust to all our beers. ‘Piglove’ comes from the Venezuelan expression ‘cochino amor’, which is used to describe love for something that is so big, raw and passionate that it becomes filthy and absurd. For pigs it’s mud, for us it’s craft beer and brewing. There’s nothing we love more than getting messy in the brewery, and working on new ideas!
A mashing of strange coincidences
A little more from our back story… in 2016, by chance, two Venezuelan guys wandering the UK met in Leeds. Within just a few short moments the conversation had turned to their shared admiration for the heritage of craft brewing in the UK, particularly in Yorkshire. Through a mashing of strange coincidences, Piglove Brewing Co. was officially born in December 2019, just 2 months before the pandemic. This crowdfunding campaign comes after an incredible (but also difficult) year in 2021, we are now at the right point to increase our production and ensure that we can produce more boundary-pushing beer for all you little piggies out there.
Brewing some good
We will be donating 10% of this crowdfunder total to a very special charity: Children’s Heart Surgery Fund. CHSF has been doing incredibly important work for over 30 years, supporting Leeds Congenital Heart Unit, its patients and their families. We’d like to take this opportunity to show them our support. If you like to know more https://linktr.ee/childrensheartsurgeryfund
Rewards for loyal piggies
This being the first crowdfunder that we have run, we wanted to make a big muddy splash and be sure that everyone gets their money’s worth… and then some! We’ve lined up some very special rewards for you loyal little piggies – everyone who donates will become a member of the Piglove Brewing Co. STY SOCIETY, entitling you to 10% discount at our bars and online shop for life!. All pledges of £50+ will get 125% of their pledge value back as bar credit to spend in the Piglove Taproom or our 'Piglove By The River' venue. Yes… we know! that’s a lot of free beer!. Other rewards include Piglove merch, exclusive hire of our taproom and even a chance to brew a beer with us.
We officially launch our crowdfunder on 30/05 2022 and will keep it open for four weeks closing 26/05 2022.
Thank you for all your piggy pledges, it means the world to us as a small brewery. Thank you also to everyone who has supported our brewery since launching in 2019, we wouldn’t be where we are without you. If you can, please help us spread the word and reach our target by sharing our crowdfunder with your pals.
Important notes and offer details…
• Please double check the e-mail address that you enter as this will be the main form of communication regarding updates for your pledge.
• Please ensure that the home address that your membership card should be sent to is correct – we'll contact you before we start sending them out, alternatively you can collect from the Taproom should you prefer.
• If there is any space to add a phone number, please do that too so we have a second way to contact you if necessary.
• Unfortunately, we are not able to ship membership cards or rewards outside the UK, so please bear this in mind before making a pledge.
• Membership discount is for both the online shop and the taproom – you just need to show us your membership card in person. For online orders, you’ll be sent a discount code when the funding round closes.
• We'll be in touch about t-shirt sizes as these will be made to order after the funding round closes. Membership cards will be sent out ASAP so that you can start using them in early summer.
• Membership / 10% discount can be used at our bars and online shop but cannot be used in conjunction with bar credit offered in the rewards.