Stoke Hammond Youth Football Club
Stoke Hammond Youth Football Club was founded in 2015 with 2 teams. We quickly expanded and out grew our village facilities. We managed to find new premises at Sir Herbert Leon Academy where we now play every week.
SHYFC is a non profit making club and is run by volunteers who work tirelessly. SHYFC are a FA Chartered Standard Club and also has achieved the new FA Accredited club status.
Our main aims are to see every player have fun in a safe and positive environment.
What does SHYFC offer?
- SHYFC has 200 football players
- 13 teams with an expected 17 teams next season
- Ball mastery sessions run every Saturday for our u4s-6s.
- Midweek training on excellent 4g/grass pitches
- Summer Tournament with the largest trophies in the area, with a 92% rating of excellent from our survey of attending coaches from our last tournament.
- Our in-house club tournament for all club players
- Fun events to encourage unity and friendship with the club and teams, ie, Halloween Parties, Easter Egg Hunts and Christmas Ball.
SHYFC in the community
SHYFC started with in the rural village of Stoke Hammond and due to its success and popularity they out grew the village and moved a few miles to Bletchley, to Sir Leon Herbert Leon Academy which we now call home.
Our teams play in the Milton Keynes District and Development League.
SHYFC was in a strong position. We had many young players coming through the ranks to form new teams. Plans were under way for our annual tournament with the largest trophies in the area. The annual ball was being co-ordinated along with our very successful Easter egg hunt. All of which bring in revenue for the club and allow our fees to be some of the cheapest in the area.
Why do we need to raise money?
Covid has changed the clubs yearly budget considerably.
- Two cancelled tournaments that would raise approximately £5,000
- Two cancelled Easter egg hunts that would raise aapproximately £1,500.
- A cancelled dinner dance with an approximate loss of £1,000.
These funds allow our players fees to be low. The funds also cover the cost of new equipment and the increasing cost of more land needed to allow all our players to play.
The money raised will cover the following.
- Fees staying low, reduced fees
- Playing field cost
How does crowd funding work?
This year has been hard for all, for SHYFC, we want to keep fees low to allow our players to continue playing. However, costs have increased with the increase in land needed to allow our players to grow.
We need to raise £4,000 to cover the land, buy new equipment and a new shed to house all the equipment safely and securely.
If you can help please donate.
Thank you so much for visiting SHYFC crowfunding page.
A huge thank you to all of those who have donated. The support has been immense. The committee have been overwhelmed with the support. We have raised over £700, plus over £500 through fundraising efforts.
The entire club has come together, to help raise awareness of shyfc, we have had live dj sets and neals yard raising funds in unexpected ways.
Ultimately we have heard the club talking, wanting to help and get involved. This has meant we as a club have been offered opportunities to apply for grants and sponsorships that if we had not started this campaign we would not have been offered.
We have also seen huge success in the club with our u9s winning there 1st trophie of the season
The committee have started this quest to allow football for all. By making our annual fees less than the average in the area, makes shyfc more accessible to all those who want to play the beautiful game.
Again thank you to all of those who have supported.