Who are we?
Tregib Sports Facilities is a community based, volunteer run organisation providing sporting facilities for the people of Llandeilo and the surrounding areas.
The sports facilities at Tregib are used by 1,000s of people and in excess of 20 clubs and groups every year. Many of the users have shared with us just some of the benefits they experience from using the facilities:
- Reduces social isolation
- Improves physical health and mental well-being
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Promotes team ethics
- Improves confidence
- Allows sports to continue in the winter season
- Builds community relationships and involvement
- Makes use of a facility that would otherwise have been left derelict
Why are we crowdfunding?
The Welsh Government have approved our Expression Of Interest for the Community Facilities Grant of £180,000 and we now have to submit a full application by 15th September 2022. If successful, this grant will go a long way to replacing the Astro Turf but unfortunately it's not enough, we need to raise approximately £300,000 to complete the whole project.
We know that some of you may be thinking 'we don't use the Astro Turf so it won't affect us or our kids'. Unfortunately this is simply not the case. The Astro Turf is the main income generator for the whole facility and then subsidises the rest of the facilities, for all of the other groups/users to have the benefit of sustainable prices and the use of the Sports Hall, Gym, Changing room facilities etc.
The reality is WITHOUT THE ASTRO TURF THERE IS NO TREGIB SPORTS FACILITIES.
We are active in sourcing and securing additional funds through local government, other grants, clubs and organisations and sponsorship from businesses. Our Crowdfunded campaign is an opportunity for the local community to support our fundraising efforts and get involved.
We know that the rise in the cost of living is pushing us all to our financial limits and we don't ask for your financial support lightly but if you could spare just £1 we assure you it will go a long way to reaching our goal. And if you can't support us financially that's ok, you can help us in other ways. See below.
How we’ll spend the money raised
The money raised through Crowdfunded will be put into our match funding pot to replace the Astro surface with a new Hockey Turf Pitch (HTP surface) suitable for Football, Rugby and Hockey and to install new LED floodlights.
We also hope this could be the Strat of a wider funding campaign to invest in other parts of the facility which we know need improvements made.
How you can play your part
There are some simple ways to help us reach our target, and make this project a reality.
1. Make a pledge. Don’t delay if you’re going to support us because momentum is key to our success!
2. Can't support us with a pledge? That's ok, help us by spreading the word. Share our project on your social media pages and tell the world to get behind us! The more people we reach, the more support we will get.
4. Create a fundraiser of your own. Use the button on our page to get started. Setting up your own page only takes a few minutes and you won’t need any bank details. Just a fun idea!