Join our challenge - the Christchurch Rotary Ride for Prostate Cancer UK. Get fit, have fun and and raise money for vital research into Prostate Cancer. Your actions help to save lives by increasing awareness and early diagnosis.
Our Virtual Family Rides and Virtual Static Rides take place 4th and 5th September 2021. Cycle or Spin 12, 24 or 36 Miles for Prostate Cancer UK over this weekend. You choose the distance and the route, or spin on a static exercise bike at home, in the gym, at the office or a friend's house. Entrants are asked to donate £10 for Prostate Cancer UK via this dedicated Crowdfunder Page. A Christchurch Rotary Certificate of Achievement will be sent to all entrants who have let us know the distance they have achieved. Dress up, take Videos and Photos and share your challenge with friends, family and with us. Sponsorship Forms are also available on request. Thank you for your support.
About Prostate Cancer
- Over 11,500 men die each year here in GB and Ireland, that’s someone every 45 minutes.
- Over 47,500 men are diagnosed with PC every year, 129 every day!
- 1 in 8 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- Around 400,000 men are living with and after prostate cancer.
- Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the UK.
- If caught in time it can be treated through hormone therapy, surgery or radio therapy.
- Chances of developing the disease increase with age and within certain ethnic groups.