A community led ambition project to preserve and converse Grassroots Music Venues country wide.
by Music Venue Properties in United Kingdom
* On 18th April 2023, MVP successfully raised £2,343,703 from 1249 investors.
* On 4th October 2023, MVP reopened the Community Share. Whilst much of the information in our Share Offer Document (link) is still relevant, investors should consider the financial information, updated plans and financial projections within our End Of Campaign Update (link) to supersede any similar information found within the Share Offer Document.
As the project moves from concept to reality, MVP will better understand its actual spend and will update forward-facing projections accordingly. Any prospective members are welcome to email info[at]musicvenueproperties.com and ask any questions on progress before they invest.
* Total includes a £500,000 Arts & Culture Impact Fund loan (subject to legal completion and conditions precedent).
For the last 8 years, Music Venue Trust has led the campaign to protect, secure and improve Grassroots Music Venues in the U.K. Supported by you – our incredible community of music fans, artists, and crew – the charity has grown from strength to strength and currently provides support for over 900 venues in the U.K.
Now we want to make the most radical change of all. We want to permanently secure a future for these venues by changing the ownership model. We believe these vital venues should belong to us. All of us that care about them, that play in them, that visit them.
We want you to join us.
Let’s Own Our Venues.
Music Venue Properties is a Community Benefit Society that purchases freeholds of UK Grassroots Music Venues and rents them back to the operators at a fairer rate than their present landlords, with greater security and a better understanding of the sector - to make them more valued and to help them grow.
Music fans and ethical investors can buy community shares in Music Venue Properties from £100 to £100,000 and receive a 3% APR on their investment. We all get to #SaveOurVenues because we #OwnOurVenues.
At the end of March 2023, we managed to raise £2.34M to allow us to start buying some of the freeholds of 9 UK Grassroots Music Venues we had originally identified. And after that, we're going to keep reinvesting - to buy, own and protect as many venues as we can.
By subscribing for shares issued by the society in this share offer you will become a member of the society and a co-owner of the society and its assets. Our rules and other supporting documents are available on our website musicvenueproperties.com and also at the bottom of the page.
Join us in making the most radical collective and collaborative positive change to the Grassroots Music Venue sector since Music Venue Trust was formed in 2014.
There are three options:
1. GMVs purchase their own properties. This is difficult to achieve and creates long-term problems such as succession planning.
2. GMVs create Community groups to purchase freeholds. We support operators/communities with advice and guidance to achieve this, but many do not have the resources or the ability to raise funds. Others are in areas of high deprivation.
3. Music Venue Trust (MVT) creates a central charitable organisation to remove venues from commercial ownership. By purchasing freeholds and renting them back to operators on a friendly lease we can reduce rents, make contributions to insurance/repairs and offer rent breaks in the face of adverse conditions.
The Community Shares Standard Mark is awarded by the Community Shares Unit to offers that meet national standards of good practice. These standards ensure that:
For more information about community shares, the Community Shares Standard Mark and the Community Shares Unit go to: https://www.uk.coop/support-your-co-op/community-shares
To download a text-only version of our Community Share Offer document please click here
If you'd like to see more detailed financial modelling for this project, please email: [email protected]