Nene Valley Rock Festival
Nene Park, Peterborough
Thursday 31st August - Sunday 3rd September 2023
Subject to License and Contracts
Nene Valley Rock Festival is a new weekend festival of live rock music, at Nene Park near Peterborough on 31 August to 3 September 2023. It will feature 65 sets from classic rock, blues and prog bands, and unlike many modern festivals they'll all be at least 50 minutes long, with the performances by our legendary headliners and big name supports being up to an hour and a half each! That works out at around £2 each! Tickets now available on our website here.
The event is headlined by Ten Years After, Colosseum and The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, as well as many other old favourites and some up-and-coming young acts ? see the flyer below for the full line-up, stages and running order!
Nene Valley Rock Festival is run by a group of rock music fans with broad experience from their involvement in other festivals over the years, and is being run on a not-for-profit basis. Every penny you spend stays in the festival - the organisers will take no wages, salaries or expenses - the event is truly only about providing a platform for some great music.
Our aim is to give you "the boutique feeling of a club atmosphere in a festival setting" What does that mean? As fans we don't like standing in the rain watching ants on a stage miles away and our guess is neither do you, so our stages are all inside marquees (but you can stay outside if you wish) and it'll feel like your local music venue with a maximum of 1,000 people split between our two marquees.
Stay up to date with latest announcements on our Facebook page.
You can read about and watch videos of every band on our website - you'll find the bands you don't know are just as amazing as the ones you do!
Book your tickets here, now ...
Some festivals sell tickets first then find they can't make it work and you have to get your money back when they cancel it. Our approach is different. Rather than a traditional ticket selling platform, you book tickets through Crowdfunder. It works just the same except that if there isn't enough support for the festival to go ahead, you are guaranteed to get your money back because it comes from Crowdfunder, not us - giving you extra security.
Tickets available during Crowdfunder:
- There will be tickets for a maximum of just 1,000 people - so don't wait too long!
- Full 4-day tickets bought now are just £129 for adults and £35 for young persons under 16 years of age. Under 10s are £1.
- Adult day tickets cost £35 (Thursday) and £60 (Friday, Saturday or Sunday), with under 16s at £10 (Thursday) and £15 (Friday, Saturday or Sunday).
- Under 10s are £1 for any number of days.
- Camping (tents, motorhomes, caravans, hookups etc) can also be booked here, now. The basic cost is the same for all at £65 per pitch (not per person!) except that we include an additional £10 charge for motorhomes and caravans to cover waste disposal costs. Electrical hook-ups are also available at an additional cost of £65 per pitch for the weekend.
- At 6pm on Monday 10th April the Crowdfunder phase will end and the funds raised will pass to NVRF to help run the festival. The price of all tickets will then increase (e.g. 4-day tickets will be £139). However we guarantee that even if any discounts are offered, the price will not be less than the £129 early bird price offered now.
- Thereafter, the Earlybird discount price will end and all tickets will be available from a traditional ticket selling platform via the NVRF website.
Our bands and stages:
- 64 classic rock, prog and blues bands. Full line up here
- All stages housed in fully covered marquees.
- One marquee will house two stages, playing alternately - none of those bands will play at the same time as each other. You won't have to choose between them! Each band on these stages will play a minimum of an hour; later bands for longer.
- A separate marquee will house a third stage offering a distinct contrast.
- Food and real ale bar (with other drinks available).
- All bands listed have agreed to play but we reserve the right to make alterations without notice should their circumstances change and they are unable to perform.
- You are pledging to buy tickets for the event as a whole, not individual bands or days. We hope not to change anything, but recent years have shown us all that it could happen.
Our Founders Club:
"Founders Club" members will receive a membership pack, containing: NVRF Founders Club T-shirt, badged metal tankard, re-useable water bottle, choice of either a baseball cap, a bucket hat or a beannie hat, badge, coaster, key-ring, pen, bottle opener, all presented in a NVRF-badged tote bag. Founder club members will also be listed in the festival programme and will have privileged access during the festival.
- Set in the picturesque Nene Park on the outskirts of Peterborough.
- Dedicated campsite for tents, motorhomes and caravans.
- Electrical hook-ups will be available.
- The site is very close to a number of hotels (nearest just one mile away) and there are other camping and caravan facilities you can book privately.
- There are bus stops just outside the entrance to the campsite and Peterborough is well served by trains.
- There will be on-site parking available for those not camping.
- Nene Park / Ferry Meadows has its own farm shop and restaurant. They have offered to make "breakfast bags" available for pre-order (sorry, not free!)
- The overall site is huge and open to the public and very family friendly. We have exclusive use of two large fields within it but you can use any of the wider facilities.
- There is a river down one side and a steam train line down another side of our music arena (all very picturesque!). Please be aware if you are bringing children.
- The event is subject to contract and obtaining the necessary licences. This is normal practice, but we have to tell you that!